Spams sending me PM -.-

Just would like to report 2 spam messages that i’ve received via PM.

This is the first, by @julliet123 :

priscaoumar33@yahoo.com
Hello
I saw your profile today and it was so good to me.u know that i am interested to be a friend first.i also believe that coming to you will be a probability of meeting that very love that has been lacking in my entire life. please i will like you to contact me direct to my e-mail address,
(priscaoumar33@yahoo.com) i dont know the posebility of remaing in forum for long time,i will give you a full introduction of my self with my pictures ok. i will be waiting for your mail to my e-mail adsdress
(priscaoumar33@yahoo.com) as you know
there is no age,race,colour n religion bar when it comes to true love,
cares prisca.

The second, by @marayy :

Hi Dear… (oumarmara@yahoo.com) is my email
My name is Miss Mara ,I wish i could get to know you for it is my pleasure to have you as my friend for a friend is all about Respect,Admiration and Passion also friendship consist sharing of ideas and showing true love without cheats,lies and betrayal and i have this feelings to share with you, i believe that you are the type of one that i want in my life for a serious relationship,i want you to know that age, race,and religion is not important to me all that is important to me is pure love,waiting to hear from you i will send you my picture please reach me at (oumarmara@yahoo.com) Have a beautiful day.thanks,
(oumarmara@yahoo.com) Miss Mara

I wonder......
-wtf is this -.-?

Thanks, marked. Its… spammers ^^ We could disable PM’s altogether… Apart from that this is an open forum, so people can annoy you if they want :confused: Maybe we’ll find some plugin that can check for multiple messages from one account in a short time…

2 Likes

I got one that matched the above from @marauu but it looks like someone already cleared that account. For future reference, what’s the protocol for reporting this behavior?

Just like you guys did, by posting, best check if theres already a post (if its as “well named” as @mcbeth’s “ummm…” then you got a good excuse to start a new one though ;)). Or PM one of the Developers or Core Team members.

@normen said:
Just like you guys did, by posting, best check if theres already a post (if its as "well named" as @mcbeth's "ummm...." then you got a good excuse to start a new one though ;)) . Or PM one of the Developers or Core Team members.

so true......... 8)

i hoped i will have somethin interesting in my inbox, but only spam spotted(marauu - deleted one) :frowning:

i think we should do somethin with it, becouse this is second situation(at least since i am on forum) and can be more. need a perfect captha :slight_smile:

The spammers use scripts for registration, for sure. Is there any chance to get some extra thing that one has to do before being allowed to register? E.g. a question like “what is 2+2”. Something that an automated script won’t detect.

I had much success against spammers on a phpBB forum in the past with a question with radio buttons to select the answer. Any answer was allowed, only not choosing an answer was forbidden.

Well, the fact that this hardly ever happens means the current system is pretty good.

When I had only basic captcha on my separate forum, I was getting 10-20 new bogus accounts a day… and I have far far less traffic than JME. I switched to something that even the humans have trouble figuring out and now I only get a new bogus account once a month or so because they guessed right by accident.

So on the one hand, it’s good to improve things but on the other, the gatekeeping is pretty darn good already. :slight_smile:

Its people I think. Being paid to spam. Cannot do much about it. The posting might be scripted but the accounts are created manually imo.

One of the best anti captchas I ever found Xd

“If yes is “orange” and no is “darkish blue”, are you a robot?:”

Giraffe.

I’m reviewing WangGuard because the “wang” part amuses me. Also it’s got stellar reviews. This will hopefully further decrease our already fairly low number of spammers.

I hope we can avoid disabling PMs alltogether.

Hiya,

I got this lovely e-mail yesterday from user “marauu”:

marauu Sent 1 day, 19 hours ago

Hi Dear… (@yahoo.com) is my email

My name is Miss Mara ,I wish i could get to know you for it is my pleasure to have you as my friend for a friend is all about Respect,Admiration and Passion also friendship consist sharing of ideas and showing true love without cheats,lies and betrayal and i have this feelings to share with you, i believe that you are the type of one that i want in my life for a serious relationship,i want you to know that age, race,and religion is not important to me all that is important to me is pure love,waiting to hear from you i will send you my picture please reach me at (
@yahoo.com) Have a beautiful day.thanks,

(***@yahoo.com) Miss Mara

I do love getting love letters, but I have a feeling this girl is a bit of a slut, considering how many other guys she is e-mailing… Wait… Slutty and desperate IS my type…!

More spams -.-. This time i got twice.

Nice To Meet You

Nice To Meet You
My name is Vick.
here is my privet e-mail ’(vicknechwa@hotmail.com)
I would like to know you the more, I can send you my picture and my detail’s, I’m waiting for your mail to my email address above. please do not chat with me here just send me email and I’ll get back to you with love.

yep. btw, lol… when we put their emails in plain text here they are sure to get spam in that inbox xD

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/site-project/forum/topic/spam-messages/?topic_page=2&num=15#post-166493

1 Like

@normen, try to find a plug-in that directs their PMs to their e-mail addresses :stuck_out_tongue:

Aff, thumbed you down without wanting :(, fix that plz, to +1