A few days ago, after having spent some time reading the jME documentation and making small test applications I decided to do a speedhack game. All in all I think I spent maybe eight hours total? Something like that.
Once one gets over the lack of structured quality documentation, the jMP is a complete delight to work with. I now feel I have enough knowledge about jME3 to be able to start my real project. Thank you very much jMP dev’s!
@erlend_sh: G-Type (working title) runs (without audio) on Android 2.2. I tested yesterday on Samsung Galaxy S2 (800x480 fullscreen) and on the HTC Incredible S. As long as I do not attempt to replay or call any kind of audio related routines jME3 performs flawlessly @60fps. However, as soon as I attempt any kind of audio playback in the Android port the application crashes in a [Unsupported audio] error (regardless if I use wav or ogg format). I hope to find a solution to this problem as soon as possible. Once it is solved the game will be fully playable on all Android devices which have the required RAM to support it.
@erlend_sh: I will make a separate post in regards to the jME documentation.
Thanks man! If you’ve got something specific to report with regards to Android then you should make a separate post for that as well. @Larynx is doing a great job staying on top of new posts in the Android board.