Spider monkey help!

Hi, I have JME3 installed but I don’t see a networking folder anywhere from the tutorials. Can someone help me find it? Also because I couldn’t find it I downloaded spidermonkey .9 alpha jar file but I have no idea where to put it. Anyways I am pretty new to this so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

This post is not directly related to documentation, but SpiderMonkey, so I moved it to the appropriate board. It’ll be easier for @Levia the author to keep track of your support requests here.

Have you seen this?

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/spidermonkey

You are being a little unclear about your problem, as I didn’t quite get whether you’ve failed to find a networking section in the wiki, or if you’re looking for the folder in the source, then this is what you’re looking for:

Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

If you downloaded jME3 from the latest source, or with the recommended jMonkeyPlatform brought up to date, you should already have the network code and you’ll be ready to start reading the tutorials.

I have JME3 installed (from the exe) to C:Program Files (x86)jmonkeyplatform. I have some folders in “my documents” that it created as well.

I have been messing around with jmonkey developer (netbeans) to compile tests and tutorials. I can’t seem to find any of the spidermonkey files or networking directory on my computer.

When you say download from the latest source does that mean go to google code and click the source tab?

Thanks.

PS. Yes I was looking through the spidermonkey link you sent, that is where it was talking about this networking directory. I will take a look at that second google code link…

I think what I need to know is what is the best way to start implementing JME3 into my game. I have a 2d game I am working on and want to get a networking server with just a chat capability. When I load Jmonkeyplatform and open my project, how do I find the “spidermonkey” code to work with?

thanks again.

SpiderMonkey was not in alpha-2. Look at the help of jMP (F1) or the wiki, you can update to the latest nightly of jME3 and jMP via Tools->Plugins->Settings :yawn: Then you can use all classes in the spidermonkey examples. The JmeTests project will then also include SpiderMonkey sample code (create a new one after updating).

1 Like

ty