SSAO (Screen space ambient occlusion) tests in jME

Yeah very good job !

I am waiting for the final result.

well, any card that supports glsl :slight_smile:

but it needs to be able to do at least 16 or 32 texture lookups in the fragment program. and you card has to support floating point rendertargets with at least 16 bit precision.

yeah offcourse i'll release it.

Sweet :slight_smile:

Yeah thats what i meant – I think that means that anything before a Geforce 7 generation is not gonna run it! Not sure…

Can't wait to see the final result, images look awesome!

Any more progress MrCoder?

did a bilateral blur/upsampler filter which was a nice improvement (needed it for my raytracer/jME hybrid). sidetracked as usual by work stuff, but i'll be back on it :slight_smile:

Can't wait hehe :smiley: Any new screenshots to tease us with in the meantime?

MrCoder said:

did a bilateral blur/upsampler filter which was a nice improvement (needed it for my raytracer/jME hybrid). sidetracked as usual by work stuff, but i'll be back on it :)

And by work you mean the "nothing interesting" stuff you've been working on?  :D :D :D

i'll put stuff up on http://youtube.com/user/rherlitz whenever i can :slight_smile:

Is that GPU intensive, or will it be unnoticeable on FPS?

it's pretty intensive

The latest movies look great!

I'll wait a couple of weeks with asking for progress on the subject because I think that two kids + work will take up practically all your time ;)…

Unless you teach those 2 kids to program and then force them to write your SSAO examples.  :smiley:

Did you ever publish the code to this?

no didnt. you will probably see the rebirth of these things later on in Ardor3D instead.