Standard Assets & Camera

Do u use the SDK? The SceneComposer exists for that. You can design your 3d scene visually with that.

Yea im using the SDK of jme3, but i didnt explore it yet, i was only coding for now =~

did even knew there were plugins, it seems i cant even update the IDEm where could i get a plugin list or something like that ?

The more i see, the more i see i dont see it all. i like it this is big.

thanx alot for your help

1 Like

im sorry if im being to slow or this is just crazyness, but im not figuring things out easy.

Ive read Docs, couldnt see anything about that plugin, the only plugin ive seen about is the Neo Texture Editor, witch i couldnt use because i couldnt find any download links or menu directs at the IDE app. Ive found the plugins menu witch leaded me to Neo Texture Editor, but no download it says i gotta change my proxy or server is down… i dont use a proxy.

The SceneComposer can be something will make things easyer if it is what i think it is.

Btw Ambience Light did a weird job, i can only see a single face of the rectangle. I tryed this i kinda improved a lil bit, but im still doing things kinda ‘randomly’.

mat_stl.setFloat(“m_Shininess”, 12);

mat_stl.setBoolean(“m_UseMaterialColors”, true);

mat_stl.setColor(“m_Ambient”, ColorRGBA.Black);

mat_stl.setColor(“m_Diffuse”, ColorRGBA.Gray);

mat_stl.setColor(“m_Specular”, ColorRGBA.Gray);

About the SDK plugins, it’s the same for netbeans and eclipse (if they are you friends ), you don’t “download” the plugins, the SDK does it for you, the only thing you need to do is to select the plugins you want, and click install, and the SDK will download them for you via SVN repository and will automatically install them for you. As you have never installed a plugin for the SDK before, I guess you’ve never updated it ok? It’s very bad! If you didn’t have a try before, have a try now, it’s very easy :

So you can install or update the plugins you have to enable the jMonkeyEngine repositories in plugins window in “settings” tab. I use the “jMonkeyEngine SDK Nigtly”(from where comes the unstable updates for the SDK libralies) and the “jMonkeyEngine SDK User Contribuitions” (from where comes the contributed plugins for the SDK).

About the ambient light, it’s not enough to lights the entire scene, try add a sun light (directional light) too.

1 Like

When i try to update or download plugins i get a network proxy error. I dont use proxyes. Wazzup ?

Sun light kinda worked. Ill tweak this around , for now i want that SceneComposer working, but i cant install the plugin from the ide, i guess i should download it, no ?

Idk what can i do :frowning:

Make your SDK’s proxy settings are right set :

If it doesn’t work, then the problem is your system. Reboot the SDK after set the proxy settings.

Proxy is set… idk why my system would have such a network problem, never had this issue with no apps/games etc.

This SDK was built with the Netbeans SDK, then it should work. Actually you are the one having this issue here. Could you show the error? Also, are you using the newest jMP version ok? It’s jMP BETA 1. It’s so important to update the sdk sometimes.

Ok so, i uninstalled JMP and installed again. Now its face its all different, and im downloading updates and plugins. Prolly i did had a very old version of it, and i couldnt auto-update. Thanx alot ill be tryng to do what i was doing and ill post the results. Thanx for your help !

You’re welcome ;).

Ok so now i could use the scene composer, but not easy as i tought it is. Ive created a new scene, witch ill make the game floor for example.

I couldnt manage to make a simple box lol, im not sure im going in the right place.

It’s because the SDK is not a modeling editor :). You have to use a modeling software like Blender 3D :D. This is the real intention. Then you put the assets (scene, textures…etc…) in your project’s assets folder.

Ah. You can use the “test-data” libraly if you wanna use assets for testing. There are cool assets there. Just create a jme test project via "new Project

>jME Tests" and copy his assets and paste them into your project's asset folder if you wanna test them visually in SceneComposer ;). Or, add the "test-data" libraly to your project classpath so you can test them just via source code via "right click the project
>properties
>libralies
>add libraly
>test-data". Then you are able to load the compiled assets like:

[java]
Spatial model = assetManager.loadModel("Models/Oto.mesh.xml");
[/java]

EDIT: Or you can use assetpacks :) https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/sdk:asset_packs

For now i didnt wanted to worry about 3d modelling. isnt it possible to make a simple game with only those base structures being kinda performatic ?

My intention is not a heavy game, but i would want to see it run in smooth animations. Ive seen how assets are done, and its fairly simple to add a 3d object.

The first thing i tought was using Bones structures, but ive only read an example about it and i didnt got it so right. JME works around 3d modelling, and i want to do a procedural thing, so i can get in touch with 3d mods who are friends of mine to finish the job. Im having a real trouble just to draw the scenery, specially cause the light. I still couldnt manage to do a standard light that ilumine all those base structures , a simple one just to give a little sense of perspective.

Thanx alot for your help. Ill keep tryng to figure this out. Just sad i cant use the SceneComposer to make a scenery w/o 3d models :frowning:

Silly question: Is it possible to add a colorRamp light into a texture ? i couldnt do this. This would create some kinda similar to cellshading , would be cool.

This is what ive been tryng:

[java]Box boxshape1 = new Box(new Vector3f(x, y, z), 3, 0.5f, 1);

Geometry g = new Geometry("BoxToon", boxshape1);

Material m = new Material(assetManager, "Common/MatDefs/Light/Lighting.j3md");

Texture t = assetManager.loadTexture("Textures/bloco.png");

m.setTexture("ColorRamp", t);

m.setBoolean("UseMaterialColors", true);

m.setColor("Specular", ColorRGBA.Black);

m.setColor("Diffuse", ColorRGBA.White);

m.setBoolean("VertexLighting", true);

g.setMaterial(m);[/java]

Thanx alot for your help. Idk why im having such a trouble w/ lights, maybe im doing something wrong i gotta put light under the box to make the upper part to show !! If you have time, this is my test code:

http://pastebin.com/dFrEhR7j

If you change posLuz to {0, 0, 0} for example, the box wont show… why is that ? :frowning:

Yeah. The models that you add to the scene composer are loaded. The SDK is not a mesh editor. But there are nice model repositories around there where you can download free licensed models (http://blenderswap.com/ for example). Have you took a look at the asset packs plugin that I suggested earlier ? https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/sdk:asset_packs. Maybe it’s what you are looking for. For your models’ behaviors, you can test your controls via SceneComposer now, take a look : http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/jmonkeyplatform/forum/topic/load-and-edit-custom-controls-in-scenecomposer/. For global behaviors (your app behavior) you use AppStates. Take a look at that too. About the “isnt it possible to make a simple game with only those base structures being kinda performatic ?” yes, there are some open source games on this forum, you can take them as reference.

About the procedural stuff, there are many procedural projects here, just search for “procedural”.