Standard key mappings?

I need to find out the default key mappings as I’m getting some weird issues when I press the spacebar. Is there somewhere I can find out what all the keys do? Had a quick look around but couldn’t find it, thanks.

It basically defined per control or app state, so check the code of e.g. the FlyCam if you use that.

1 Like

Okay I think my problem is with nifty, I looked in NiftyJmeDisplay and I cant track down what the Space key does, i also looked in the Nifty class but thats all compiled :confused:

Ah its alright, I changed some stuff in nifty to onRelease instead of onClick, don’t know who’s idea space affecting onClick was…

@javagame said:
Ah its alright, I changed some stuff in nifty to onRelease instead of onClick, don't know who's idea space affecting onClick was....

Mhm.. Nifty is a relatively large system by itself handling a lot of things, some overlaps are probably unavoidable but this really sounds a bit too entangled.. Maybe @void256 has an idea? Would be cool if you could very specifically say what exactly caused what exact behavior for you @javagame so void can look into it, thank you.

I don’t think it was a bug or something like that. Basically If I have a button in focus and I press space, it will call onClick for that button, this was just causing some problems for me as when a button in my main menu is clicked It creates a client and connects to a server, then cleans up the appstate for the menu, cleaning up the appstate appeared to get rid of the menu but pressing space was still pressing that invisible button, using onRelease fixed it though

1 Like
@javagame said:
I don't think it was a bug or something like that. Basically If I have a button in focus and I press space, it will call onClick for that button, this was just causing some problems for me as when a button in my main menu is clicked It creates a client and connects to a server, then cleans up the appstate for the menu, cleaning up the appstate appeared to get rid of the menu but pressing space was still pressing that invisible button, using onRelease fixed it though

I see but for a game it really isn't ideal if thats hard-tied (mouse click _and_ space for buttons).

Don’t tell me, I didn’t design it. I guess thats what onRelease is for

@javagame said:
Don't tell me, I didn't design it. I guess thats what onRelease is for

I don't, I summoned void and tell him :)

Yeah, actually this spacebar issue is kind of annoying. For example, I have set up a bunch of key mappings for my character movement, and the Spacebar to jump. The thing is, when I press down the spacebar, and don’t release it, the jME is never notified. This doesn’t happen for any other button I have mapped, and I don’t know why :frowning:

@shirkit said:
Yeah, actually this spacebar issue is kind of annoying. For example, I have set up a bunch of key mappings for my character movement, and the Spacebar to jump. The thing is, when I press down the spacebar, and don't release it, the jME is never notified. This doesn't happen for any other button I have mapped, and I don't know why :(

Try using onRelease instead of onClick like I did