StandardGame: Mouse & GameSettings

Hi,

I'm using StandardGame with game states. I'm setting the mouse cursor to be visible after starting the game thread.

GameTaskQueueManager.getManager().update(new Callable<Object>(){
            public Object call()
            {
               MouseInput.get().setCursorVisible(true);
               return null;
            }
         });

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work reliable. Most of the time the cursor is visible but sometimes it doesn't show up ?!

I think the first problem is actually a race condition.  Try moving that callable down further in your code and see if that doesn't fix the problem.

GameSettings panel should return a boolean that you should use in your game to determine if you should actually start the game or not.

Are you running from the latest version from CVS or another build?  I recall these issues being discussed and fixed previously. :o

GameSettings panel should return a boolean that you should use in your game to determine if you should actually start the game or not.

ahem... :// should've read the doc more carefully...

btw. i'm using the cvs version

injecting the callable after attaching and activating the game states (i was doing it before creating the game states) seems to work as expected. thx for the help

btw: darkfrog, could You please add a setter for the title of the game settings panel ?

That would make it more convenient to not name it "Test Standard - Game Settings"

My bad…fixed and checked in.

Many thanks