Started a Blog Series how to use an Entity System

BTW, in the second part of your tutorial, your BasicInvader blender model link is broken. It leads to a 404 error page.

Thanks for the bug report I fixed it. Tested as well the Zay ES wiki.

1 Like

And finally I finished my last part of this series

And reworked a little the Zay ES wiki entry

And another thought. Maybe somebody could set a link to the Zay ES wiki in the jME wiki? For example here http://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/doku.php/jme3:contributions:entitysystem?s[]=zay&s[]=es?

Any user can edit the wiki.

This one is readonly or at least I would need a login. The page tools are inactive in my desktop browser for this page. I checked it as well on my mobile and get a “This page is read only. You can view the source, but not change it. Ask your administrator if you think this is wrong”.
So I thought I’m not allowed.

You may have to login to the wiki separately… not sure.

Yeah and that is not possible, I do not have a username/password but login via Facebook to this forum. But yeah it would be nice, but I can life without perfectly.

I added the official Zay ES wiki page here http://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/doku.php/jme3:contributions:entitysystem

2 Likes

Very useful, thank you.

thanks I’m glad that is helpful :slight_smile:

I think the method addModels(…) in VisualAppState made a mistake when you write the section “Detail please”, on both zay-es’ wiki page and your blog.

private void addModels(Set<Entity> entities) {
    for (Entity e : entities) {
        Spatial s = models.get(e.getId());
        s = createVisual(e);
        models.put(e.getId(), s);
        updateModelSpatial(e, s);
        this.app.getRootNode().attachChild(s);
    }
}

it should be this.

private void addModels(Set<Entity> entities) {
    for (Entity e : entities) {
        Spatial s = createVisual(e);
        models.put(e.getId(), s);
        updateModelSpatial(e, s);
        this.app.getRootNode().attachChild(s);
    }
}

Thanks :slight_smile: I will correct it. Initially there was a check if that model by accident was already added somehow for this entity id, but then I decided to shrink down the example to the minimum, but seems there are still som artefacts.

And fixed :slight_smile:

Some of my friends have interest in Zay-ES, May I translate your articles into Chinese? I will add links to your blog at the very beginning.

Sure do that :slight_smile: I’m glad if it is of any help.

2 Likes

@pspeed, I took now the time to fix my Zay-Es wiki contribution (=> Zay Es Case Studies · jMonkeyEngine-Contributions/zay-es Wiki · GitHub) as most of the links and also the titles were broken.

2 Likes

I start it here.

太空入侵者 Invaders

简单网游服务器 Simple Game Server

• 建立游戏服务器 My First Game Server
  • 建立游戏客户端 My First Game Client
  • 关于原作者(Christian Liesch)

Progress 3/10

Need to fix these 2 pages:

The “here” link to wiki page Hello Input is broken.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll fix …