Startup is lagging

Hello,

why is the app. jerking for a moment after the start?

er… we’ll need to have some test case, and a more precise description of the problem if you want us to help.

The app is not supposed to “jerk” at start, but maybe is has something to do with the initialization of your scene.

Tell us more.

Im doing nothing special, ony setting up some nodes, phyiscNodes, Input and the camera.

At the start the scene is showing for the 1 - 3 seconds with 4 - 10 FPS only.

Maybe i should call rootNode.updateGeo… after the initialisation?

Could you post your code so i can test?

It might be that we have a “long” frame (counting starts before initializing) at the beginning of the game again, @Momoko_Fan had fixed that in a previous release… I guess its just setting tpf to zero after initialization in the render loop.

@Mr.Sir Is this happening with SimpleApplication also or with SimpleBulletApplication only? Because if the physics get a long frame, they calculate all frames in between to allow the physics to be deterministic and that might cause percieved lag (in fact the physics should be right if you count from when the initialize() method is called ;)).

Cheers,

Normen

"Could you post your code so i can test? " thank you, but i cant.

@Mr.Sir Is this happening with SimpleApplication also or with SimpleBulletApplication only? Because if the physics get a long frame, they calculate all frames in between to allow the physics to be deterministic and that might cause percieved lag (in fact the physics should be right if you count from when the initialize() method is called :wink: ).”

Both

EDIT:

The Objects are moving on start like the app is already running for 10 seconds.

the tpf could be the reason.