StatsDarken attached - even when stats are disabled

Hi I have also come across another strange thing “StatsDarken” that is attached on the guiNode since some update a few days / weeks back.

It has never been a problem previously, but now “StatsDarken” started to interfere with my user interaction on the bottom left part of the screen. I have used Rays for picking and “StatsDarken” was hit when I am in its area. I do not have any stats showing, yet this Object is still in the way.

Only way I could remove it was by detaching it all the time from guiNode in simpleUpdate().

This happens on both PC and android - obviously.

Am I doing something wrong? or is this a bug?

setDisplayFps(false);
        setDisplayStatView(false);

It’s been in nightly for a long time, I don’t know if/when it hit stable.

When stats aren’t shown they are culled rather than removed from the scene graph. Are you using rays for picking in the GUI node?

If you don’t want the stats at all then detach (or never attach) the stats app state.

1 Like

That’s interesting… they will show in collision results even if culled. We should probably attach/detach the node on disable/enable.

…never occurred to me before but I think it’s the right way.

1 Like
@pspeed said: We should probably attach/detach the node on disable/enable.

That must have been how it worked before? :open_mouth: Like I say never had this issue before, just wanted to let you guys know about the find. :wink:

Have used and not used stats before - this did not happen at that time.

@meeshter said: That must have been how it worked before? :O Like I say never had this issue before, just wanted to let you guys know about the find. ;)

Have used and not used stats before - this did not happen at that time.

There use to not be a darkened background. I think the enable/disable was always using cull hints but bitmap text is a lot harder to click on.

@pspeed is right. When i added the dark background I made it work exactly the same way the text already did.