Status of JME android port?

Hi. I heard that some folks were working on porting JME to Android. What is the status of this port?

I might have some time on my hands and might like to help out.

Android has been targeted, I believe, by jME 3.  The current jME 2.x stuff has not been slated, sfaik, for a port/implementation.

But somehow I just heard once from the guy that wanted to do it and afterwards nothing more!?

@momokofan: Is there some progress?

Yeah, I haven't heard from him in quite a while, so android support is currently in halt. It shouldn't be very difficult to do though if one really wanted to.

Someone out of Bremen, DE had spent some time, or was planning to spend some time, in enabling jME3 for mobile devices…  As far as I know though, it wasn't a "my employer is paying for me to develop OSS software"… I think it was a hobby venture.

He was also working on porting the NeHe OpenGL tutorials to an Android/Java set of tutorials here: http://insanitydesign.com/wp/projects/nehe-android-ports/

Is there any special reason why porting JME3 to Android was being discussed? What if I tried porting JME 2.0.1?

deronj said:
Is there any special reason why porting JME3 to Android was being discussed? What if I tried porting JME 2.0.1?

The decision for jME3 was likely based on being drafted in as part of the jME3 team, as well as jME3 development being officially announced a month or two before that.  I can't think of much off the top of my head that would render (no pun intended :P) 2.0.1 unusable for Android/OpenGL ES.

I know that he did say he had something running and had been debugging it.. I hadn't seen anything personally though, perhaps Momoko_Fan has?