Status

Hi all, been a bit since I’ve posted. Here’s the deal.

I’ve finished the Timer functionality for 0.3. It provides time between frames as well as frames per second. There is a test in CVS.

I’ll be working on the remainder of the 0.3 release soon, but I’m going to first revamp the tutorial documents and get them caught up to 0.2. This may very well take awhile, but I think it is better to do it now while I am not too horribly behind.

Next, time is an issue in my life right now. With the holidays coming up I’m finding myself rarely home. So it’s slowing me down.

Thirdly, and this is a big one, I’ve been shown some interest from Vision Games and they have contacted me to work on an upcoming X-Box game. This is a big deal for me. It will require a move to Seattle in a little while. It also requires me to learn RenderWare, Havok and the X-Box SDK. This too will take some time away from jME.

Now, I promise you that I will still contribute heavily to jME, I will just be a bit slower in the next couple of months until things slow down.

Mark

"mojomonk" wrote:
Thirdly, and this is a big one, I've been shown some interest from Vision Games and they have contacted me to work on an upcoming X-Box game. This is a big deal for me. It will require a move to Seattle in a little while. It also requires me to learn RenderWare, Havok and the X-Box SDK. This too will take some time away from jME.

wow, that is pretty exciting! and seattle is a pretty cool place too! hope you have fun...

i hope to be around more, but i have decided that i dont really like work and since they will pay me to go to school, i am going to get my CS master's degree on them... i will be busy, but hope to work gaming in to a software or research project :)