Steam Greenlight

Just read about Steam Greenlight for the first time… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh cool :slight_smile: Guess that’s something for @erlend_sh to ponder about if he doesn’t know already :smiley:

Hundreds of feeds and I still can’t catch that… Thanks for the share. Super-duly noted.

Heh, Kirill and I were just talking about this on chat… Yeah, looks like an exciting opportunity for jME games :smiley:

Yeah, I got a little excited, too. Very cool for indie devs.

Indeed this is a very good opportunity for indie developers on Steam. But just for those who want to sell something on Steam though.

Hmm, yes. Very interesting :slight_smile:

@pspeed so should we expect Mythruna on Greenlight?

@iamcreasy said:
@pspeed so should we expect Mythruna on Greenlight?

Not sure. It's too early for that anyway.

It is very nice. I definitively will submit Disenthral, but there’s still a long way for that.

noteworthy update for anyone following this:

“The first update is a $100 fee for someone to post to Steam Greenlight. The proceeds will be donated to Child’s Play. We have no interest in making money from this, but we do need to cut down the noise in the system”. full story.

It makes sense. I wondered how long it would be before they had to add some transactional friction. Answer: not long.

Lame. I’ll take a look when the game I’m currently developing is closer to be finished if that Steam Greenlight is worth anything, because a $100 dollars fee to maybe players see your game, then maybe players pay attention to your description and videos/screens, and then maybe thumbs up, to maybe get to the Valve Employees and then maybe gets approved. It can be worth it, but this will depend on how Valve and players will behave to this platform.

@shirkit said:
Lame. I'll take a look when the game I'm currently developing is closer to be finished if that Steam Greenlight is worth anything, because a $100 dollars fee to maybe players see your game, then maybe players pay attention to your description and videos/screens, and then maybe thumbs up, to maybe get to the Valve Employees and then maybe gets approved. It can be worth it, but this will depend on how Valve and players will behave to this platform.

And I think you have illustrated that $100 is the perfect price point for weeding out the people who are not serious about wanting to be on Steam. Note: I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with your position... just that it's useful for Valve to provide better support to projects that are invested in making Greenlight work for them... and that are far enough along that completion is more likely-looking to the public.
@pspeed said:
And I think you have illustrated that $100 is the perfect price point for weeding out the people who are not serious about wanting to be on Steam. Note: I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with your position... just that it's useful for Valve to provide better support to projects that are invested in making Greenlight work for them... and that are far enough along that completion is more likely-looking to the public.

Completly agreed. That will stop idiots from submiting false things, and give Greenlight credit, then it will be worth the $100 (hopefully).