Steamworks4j

Hello, I’m new to programming games in jMonkeyEngine, and I wanted to make a game which uses steamworks. And I just wanted to ask if steamworks4j still works, sice the last update was 3 years ago. I am little concerned about that.

1 Like

Steamworks4j is just a wrapper around valve’s C steamworks library, so I’m not surprised there weren’t any updates in a while, as I think most of the features are supported.
Last time I was toying around with steamworks4j was roughly a year ago and at that point the features I was using were still working just fine.

Ok, thanks for the answer. And also can you direct me to some video tutorials for jMonkeyEngine, since the only source I can learn from is the 352 page pdf book?

Can’t say I can, as JME is a very code focused engine, so I prefer tutorials in text form for it. And those can be found on the wiki.

I’m not sure what the situation is like currently on the video tutorial side of things, but I don’t think there’s many of them.

I mean that in this book, there is 352 pages, I want to read it and learn from it, but it is a little time consuming, and it is much better to se someone do this while recording. But if this is my only option I am happy to learn from it.

There’s the wiki and the tutorials. Start from here.