Stiff Ragdoll

I’ve been working with JME for a while now and love pretty much everything about it, it really does make life easier. One thing i’m constantly having trouble with though is blender models. I’ve followed all the steps on “Creating assets in Blender” and i still cant seem to make the model work correctly. The import of the model itself is not the problem, but making it a rag-doll is not working correctly. The model bones move very little when i want it to be more like the Ogre character. Is there something i’m missing to create the a working rag-doll character?

This is the blender model

Thanks!

Also i am using Blender 2.63 with the blender2ogre exporter 0.5.8

You need to have your bones named in a certain way, otherwise they won’t be detected properly by the ragdoll system. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to find any information about this in the wiki, but it can be found in the source code:

https://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/source/browse/trunk/engine/src/bullet-common/com/jme3/bullet/control/ragdoll/HumanoidRagdollPreset.java

1 Like

Thanks Momoko, that did the trick. I should have tried naming the bones the same as the demo but it never crossed my mind that they would be dependent on the system.

Maybe you can answer another question of mine. When i set the capsule collision shape, it looks like it goes around the origin of the model. Would it be correct to put the origin to the middle of the model and the origin of the armature at the root bone instead of what the wiki page suggest, or is there a different way to fix that? Sample

I switched the origin point and it works well so nvm about that question. Thanks again for you help.

@constantine said:
I switched the origin point and it works well so nvm about that question. Thanks again for you help.

You could also attach the model to a node, attach the control to that and move the model down that bit.

I’ll have to give that a try.

Thanks for the idea!