Story/Questions [Spoilers] Phr00t

Bought 3079, Played 3079, Beat 3079.

I’m just gonna start off with, I understand Alpha is Alpha and Beta is Beta and that I REALLY enjoyed this game. The items were fun to find, the combat was fast paced, and the game was just fun. I think the only thing I didn’t like about this game was the story. I just didn’t understand why there were demons just up and about. At first glance this is a SCI-FI action RPG, but then you throw demons into the mix and suddenly we are in Ghostbusters + Doctor Who. I enjoyed them as an enemy, running from them as a newb, fighting them when I got my sword, and eventually just going around saying “THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE” then devouring their heads…But besides that, as a story element, they just didn’t feel right. Then the demon king appeared and my jaw just dropped, All I could say is “Really…?”. I get that they can be just a race of alien or something but I really thought this game would be longer and have more of a background involving the two races and maybe eventually assaulting some giant fortress that belonged to a secret 4th race or something. Something more in depth, the story feels so…empty. I understand this game is no were near done at least from what i hear, so I’m hoping for a story change, maybe an expansion of sorts a different planet something…Last thing about the story is, when the demon king appeared suddenly vendors had level 9-40 items. before no matter how far I went, there were always only up to lvl8 so you could imagine the confusion that took place…if not an example: “Finally stuff i can spend my 200k on!” <.< I never got to use a Grav pack or Grappling Hook cause of this.

Ok, now that that’s been said, onto general questions!

Graphics:

Lighting - I forget were I read/heard this from but you said you ditched smooth lighting for block based lighting and performance…will there be a option like in minecraft to toggle this maybe later on?

FOV - I know you were asked this before but I would like to add something onto it, I play at 16:10 1440x900 and my weapons take up half the screen and when in a fortress fighting speedy Neanders its basically impossible to hit them unless they stop. FOV doesn’t really give people advantages just makes them less dizzy, + If someone considers it an advantage and its made available to everyone, doesn’t that just make them a stubborn to not use such a thing?

New Textures - They look fantastic great job! In the the inventory tho if you look at the grid this starts to happen http://i52.tinypic.com/m1r85.png @_@

Misc:

Storage - Will there be a chest or something to store my items in? I understand you will be able to build your own fortress and someplace to store your items would be nice, also a waypoint on said fortress would be nice, a block you can place or item you get from a trader? example: “Beacon - places a waypoint!” Main reason I ask this is I never got to use a grappling hook cause i was always carrying to much, even after Demon king appeared and level 11 grappling hooks were sold.

Names - The character count is to low! D: I can’t spell “mindtrixx Man of Leisure” or simply “mindtrixx” can/will you raise this?

Problem Connecting to Servers - I put in an IP from twitter page, doesn’t work… shrug

Why Fallout and Minecraft? - Fallout was more of a Story game for me and I don’t really see how 3079 is anything like it. Minecraft? more like Terraria, Minecraft = Building Terraria = Combat :P. I think this is more of a Terraria meets Borderlands.

(This list may expand)

Thanks ~ Mindtrixx Man of Leisure

1 Like

Wow, lots of stuff! :slight_smile: Glad you enjoyed it!

The story is rather light at the moment. Basically, the king demon feeds off of death, so he came to the planet to start a war with his minions – causing lots of death. Once you reduce the demon’s influence on keeping the war going, peace is restored, and the demon king comes out for you to kill him. Once you kill him, you get to go home. I personally don’t think it is that bad of a story shrug… It takes lots of work to add more to the story, like in other games where you can find audio clips and book pages… I’d really need a writer to do all this, and then take the time to add it.

Were you playing v2.2b, I assume? There was a nasty level bug that caused the 9-40 levels to be spawned. It should be fixed in v2.3.x.

I ditched dynamic lighting, which is still a little different than Minecraft’s smooth lighting. I’m not sure when, or if, I’ll get around to smooth lighting – lots of other stuff on the plate.

Yeah, FOV adjustment is on the to-do list.

A storage chest may show itself, but I don’t really want the player to be bound to any specific location, even with fortress building. The player inventory is pretty big, in my opinion. However, this is a highly requested feature, but I’m always hesitant in adding things that act just like Minecraft :confused:

Yeah, extending the name is on the to-do list.

Those people posting servers to Twitter are probably not giving the write server information, or are probably not enabling port forwarding on their routers correctly :confused:

I said Fallout because of the futuristic theme, RPG elements, guns, quests and storyline. Minecraft for the large, procedurally generated block world. I may not have as detailed of a story, but I do have a story.

OK, back to work, thanks again!

@phr00t said:
Wow, lots of stuff! :) Glad you enjoyed it!

The story is rather light at the moment. Basically, the king demon feeds off of death, so he came to the planet to start a war with his minions -- causing lots of death. Once you reduce the demon's influence on keeping the war going, peace is restored, and the demon king comes out for you to kill him. Once you kill him, you get to go home. I personally don't think it is that bad of a story *shrug*.. It takes lots of work to add more to the story, like in other games where you can find audio clips and book pages.. I'd really need a writer to do all this, and then take the time to add it.

Were you playing v2.2b, I assume? There was a nasty level bug that caused the 9-40 levels to be spawned. It should be fixed in v2.3.x.

I ditched dynamic lighting, which is still a little different than Minecraft's smooth lighting. I'm not sure when, or if, I'll get around to smooth lighting -- lots of other stuff on the plate.

Yeah, FOV adjustment is on the to-do list.

A storage chest may show itself, but I don't really want the player to be bound to any specific location, even with fortress building. The player inventory is pretty big, in my opinion. However, this is a highly requested feature, but I'm always hesitant in adding things that act just like Minecraft :/

Yeah, extending the name is on the to-do list.

Those people posting servers to Twitter are probably not giving the write server information, or are probably not enabling port forwarding on their routers correctly :/

I said Fallout because of the futuristic theme, RPG elements, guns, quests and storyline. Minecraft for the large, procedurally generated block world. I may not have as detailed of a story, but I do have a story.

OK, back to work, thanks again!

Yeah, was playing 2.2b or whatever 2.3.3b now. want to start a multiplayer character tho but...the lack of servers is....disturbing..

The story to me just felt like it moved a little fast...and was a bit cliche. (YOU KILL MY MINIONS THANKS IT FEED ME BUT I'M BOSS SO I COME NOW! @_@) I understand it needs writers and stuff to make it more in depth, with bits of data, books, R2-D2 Holocron eastereggs ect. So I'm ok with it.

Now that you explain the fallout and minecraft thing, kinda makes more sense. Borderlands just seems fit more for this game to me tho, fallout was like retro late 30s-early 50s but 3079 is full future.

Maybe some worm-hole-in-a-pocket is in order for a chest xD! I understand you don't want to tie people to stay in an area and thats kinda tricky to do when you add building into the mix. I always just stayed in a heavily populated humanoid area and did quests till I had the gear and money to move on tho so like quest hubs *shrug*

Dynamic lighting would be so cool, Captainsparkles just did a video on a Dynamic lighting for minecraft shader mod and it looked sooo nice, I wouldn't mind taking a performance hit for that!
Maybe later on in development you can have the ability to toggle between block based shading ,smooth shading, and dynamic shading. Tho that's a lot to do and wouldn't really make sense but would be nice to have the option to do such a thing.

Gosh I really dislike comparing this game to minecraft but that's the game its most like, hopefully when the market gets flooded with more original titles that are block based we can say "wow this game is kinda like 3079" XD

Oh one last thing! The demons, they sound like a moaning computer fan... D:

Have fun doing your dev things and such!