Strange Idea

This idea just sorta popped into my head, so take it for what it's worth.

We've got all of these little demos for jME and they're great to show off individual aspects of the engine but really aren't a good example of bringing it all together.  What do you guys thinking of collaborating on making a demo that puts all these things together.  It wouldn't be a game so much as just something to show off the engine.  Say, for example we could make an island and it's first-person perspective with water, shadows, trees, lighting that reflects the time of day, etc.

I think it would be a great way to show off jME and all the amazing things that can be done. Further, we could release it as an example of bringing everything together.

Now, I must admit even if everyone thinks this is a good idea the limiting factor is likely to be time. Everyone, myself included, is working on other stuff and I can imagine this wouldn't be high on the agenda, but I just wanted to put it out there just in case someone thinks it is worth the effort to put it together.

This is definitely something we've all talked about doing several times, so yeah, it's simply a matter of arranging it and scheduling the time.