Strange resize error

Getting a weird error on occasion. It claims that a text field is causing the window to auto shrink to negative sizes.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Component:com.simsilica.lemur.component.TextComponent@28784bfa shrunk the preferred size. Before:(0.0, 0.0, 0.0) after:(-0.99, 17.294117, 0.0)
at com.simsilica.lemur.core.GuiControl.getPreferredSize(GuiControl.java:232)
at com.simsilica.lemur.component.BorderLayout.getPreferredSize(BorderLayout.java:85)
at com.simsilica.lemur.component.BorderLayout.calculatePreferredSize(BorderLayout.java:105)
at com.simsilica.lemur.core.GuiControl.getPreferredSize(GuiControl.java:226)
at com.simsilica.lemur.component.SpringGridLayout$Entry.getPreferredSize(SpringGridLayout.java:525)
at com.simsilica.lemur.component.SpringGridLayout.refreshRowColPrefs(SpringGridLayout.java:178)
at com.simsilica.lemur.component.SpringGridLayout.calculatePreferredSize(SpringGridLayout.java:188)
at com.simsilica.lemur.component.SpringGridLayout.reshape(SpringGridLayout.java:273)
at com.simsilica.lemur.core.GuiControl.setSize(GuiControl.java:259)
at com.simsilica.lemur.core.GuiControl.revalidate(GuiControl.java:351)
at com.simsilica.lemur.core.GuiControl.controlUpdate(GuiControl.java:318)
at com.jme3.scene.control.AbstractControl.update(AbstractControl.java:128)
at com.jme3.scene.Spatial.runControlUpdate(Spatial.java:736)
at com.jme3.scene.Spatial.updateLogicalState(Spatial.java:879)
at com.jme3.scene.Node.updateLogicalState(Node.java:230)
at com.jme3.scene.Node.updateLogicalState(Node.java:241)
at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:243)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:193)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I’m not doing anything particularly magical though. And given that the error isn’t being thrown doesn’t say where this is dying in my code I’m at a bit of a loss.

This means that the layout is asking the label to be smaller than it can be… ie: it’s asking the width to be negative.

Often this is a sign that you are trying to set the main window smaller than its preferred size. But I think there is one of the Flow types that can also be confused. I would need to know more about the GUI panel’s setup to say more.

Maybe I should specify the width statically as opposed to letting it size it’s own width?

In any case I just discovered I have bigger fish to fry in my code so I’ll have to loop back to this once I’ve fixed it.

Thanks for you help!