Streamed AudioNodes don’t jump back to start

Hi guys,

just wanted to say that AudioNodes that are loaded as streams (with cache or not) cannot be played again once they played through. I need to check when they stopped playing to jump to the next song (like a jukebox). This works well except when I try to play that same song again. I don’t want the songs to loop because I need the Status.Stopped property…

Yeah, it’s a known and painful limitation of streamed audio. You can’t loop them either.

In my own code, I recreate and replaced the streamed AudioNodes when I need to play them again.

Too bad :frowning:

What what is the streamcache for, then? It tells me that it allows seeking etc. Wouldn’t this be exactly what we need? Reloading the file is possible, of course, but a PITA :frowning:

Ah, yeah… the caching I think was added later to facilitate some of this but using it effectively makes the node non-streamed. So to be honest I wasn’t actually sure what the point was when it was introduced.

Some of my streamed media is 6 minutes long as I recall… but I still want it looped. I didn’t really want to hold all of that in RAM… though I guess the cached stream is at least caching it compressed. So maybe that’s the point.

Fair enough, but even this does not work… the streamcached version also just sits idle at the end. Do you know how to do this correctly (besides reloading the file)?

I don’t. I actually thought it was the whole point of the stream cached version since that was added relatively recently by @momoko_fan I think… I thought as a response to the unloopable/unreplayable nature of streams.

@pspeed said:
I don't. I actually thought it was the whole point of the stream cached version since that was added relatively recently by @momoko_fan I think... I thought as a response to the unloopable/unreplayable nature of streams.

There is still work to do on this to implement seeking, loop etc...stream cached is just the basis for this...as i understand.. :p