Subversion?

Or we get some one at java.net to move it for us. (or change there code)

Good luck on getting them to do that 

https://java-net.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectForumMessageView?messageID=13377&forumID=93

Well, they would like to help, so if the core JME devs want to, its possible !

Personally, despite issues with cvs I've had, I don't really see a compelling reason to change midstream, especially given the noted loss of history and (perhaps minor) confusion this would cause in the community.  My 2 c's.

Storing all project files locally and uploading them again?

Sounds like loosing the history for me…

I think given all the history and issue tracking we'd lose in deleting and re-creating the project it makes it a deal breaker at this time (in my opinion).  Eventually I'm sure they'll have a better migration path.  It just looks like we'll have to be content with CVS for now.

darkfrog

agree…but, now and then it's good to start clean and fresh…use that occation to clean things up, get rid of old unused files and/or folders etc (if that exists)…maybe something for a 1.0 release s … just export out of versioning and check in a clean svn…

I wouldn't be opposed to that for 1.0 release…although I'll probably be too busy driving my rocket car around to care. :wink:

darkfrog

:P  Hooray for jME 1.0 gold!

Renanse, you seem to be in particularly high spirits lately…anything wrong? :slight_smile:

darkfrog

Nothing in particular.  :slight_smile:

That's good, just concerned about ya. :wink:

darkfrog

Having the joys and debts of moving, changing jobs, buying a home, selling your old home and preparing for a new baby (coming next month) does things to a guy.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, I can imagine…well, at least to some extent. :-p

darkfrog

Do you have fileaccess to the CVSREP ? In that case, could you create an archieve with the CVS rep and post a link to it, then I could try out the cvs2svn tool, and see if its possible to transfer the history too.

cvs2svn works quite well on sourceforge. they use it as the standard CVS -> SVN migration tool (history is migrated too). if the automated cvs2svn fails, sf users may try to do it manually. so i suppose that since you can do that (manually) on sf, you could do it on java.net too.

but i suppose that until jme reaches 1.0 java.net will provide that option too. :stuck_out_tongue:

We don't have direct access to the file system on java.net to be able to run such tools unfortunately.

Is there any news on jmonkeyengine moving to Subversion, or are we still in the old CVS-updates-take-about-a-year ?

According to Llama, it is planed: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=5730.30

Well it's been discussed, in this thread amongst other places…