T0neg0d GUI Visual Editor (jMonkeyEngine IDE/NetBeans 7.3.1 integrated)

The wizard for a new file type does this for you btw. Could be it can already be done via annotations by now (they slowly move stuff over from layer.xml to annotaions)

1 Like
@normen said: The wizard for a new file type does this for you btw. Could be it can already be done via annotations by now (they slowly move stuff over from layer.xml to annotaions)

Hey Normen!

True, the annotations are an awesome way to quickly register functionality into a unifile type setup. In fact, that’s with what I started this project. I haven’t found enough information on how to properly register a multifile situation using annotations, yet. (and yes, I’ll be keeping an eye out for an example or make one, if I happen across the info) I’m just so happy to be able to move forward on this project. Now, I’m working on Children for the tgveDataNode and the property sheets for each so that I can have that on my next vlog for tips.

Game On,
Charles

Latest Update:
I think I’ve finished integrating my Loader into netbeans.

• Now has proper access to Actions
  • Now gloms associated files.

The post:

Game On,
Charles

@normen said: The wizard for a new file type does this for you btw. Could be it can already be done via annotations by now (they slowly move stuff over from layer.xml to annotaions)

I know that it has been a while time-wise, but I have found some clues and made an example:
[edit] omg, REALLY!? &quot rather than " ? [/edit]

@Messages({
    "LBL_Tgve_LOADER=Files of Tgve",
    "LBL_TGVE_FILETYPE=tgve file",
    "LBL_TGVE_JAVA_FILETYPE=java file",
    "LBL_TGVE_J3O_FILETYPE=J3O file"

})
@MIMEResolver.ExtensionRegistration(
        displayName = "#LBL_Tgve_LOADER",
        mimeType = "text/x-tgve",
        extension = {"tgve", "TGVE"})
@DataObject.Registrations({
        @DataObject.Registration(
            displayName = "#LBL_TGVE_FILETYPE",
            mimeType = "text/x-tgve",
            iconBase = "com/iteag/tgvefiletype/GUI_Icon.png",
            position = 5000
        ),
            displayName = "#LBL_TGVE_JAVA_FILETYPE",
            mimeType = "text/x-java",
            position = 5000
        ),
            displayName = "LBL_TGVE_J3O_FILETYPE",
            mimeType = "application/jme3model",
            position = 5000
        )
})

Please note that though this does register the file properly for multiple file types in Netbeans, it instantiates DataLoaderPool.factory for the loader, rather than any loader you might wish to program. The desired design pattern might be to have a <? extends DataObject.factory> type addition to code for working with the @DataObject.Registration annotation setup. … whew! … still learning -> me.

As a side note, for icons: it’s stored as a stringvalue, not as a urlvalue… and that means I couldn’t use nbresloc: or file: or jar: or any of those handy netbeans path shortcuts. bleah, I say, bleah.

I’m glad I was able to figure some of this out, and I got the hint to this after a curiosity click on the view options in code. I saw @Registrations right above @Registration as an inherited annotation support.
[edit] yeah, I went on ahead and captured the moment, enjoy. @DataObject.Registrations [/edit]

oh, and yeah, quick vblog:

Game On,
Charles

Just a quick status update:

-project at github synchronized - I’ve forgotten how to edit previous posts, and there is no edit button on posts anymore… so just saying it here, rather than updating post 2 in this topic. [edit] oh, right… /edit/ … right… LOL [edit] That didn’t work… redirect loop err… [/edit] [/edit]

-Node setup finished

-Timing resolved

Game On,
Charles

1 Like

Whew,

With DarkMonkey finished up, I’m back on track for this tool… now… where was I? Maybe I should get the 3.1 JME up and running? hrmm… I guess I’ll do that then.

Awesome, I can’t wait to see what you come up with.
I am looking forward to this and good luck.

I don’t suppose you’ve heard anything from @t0neg0d recently?

@ndebruyn: Thank you, It will be a while yet 'till it’s complete. Partly because I’m trying to match up as closely as I can with the “Netbeans” way of thinking… Partly because I want to do videos on cool stuff to help others with Module development… and Mostly because I think that I am easily distracted when I… Oh! look! A Balloon! :yum:

@erlend_sh: No, I haven’t. I don’t believe that she has even been able to see the new forum look, yet. I have made sure to drop a “Yo, gimme a holla’ when ya’ get back up n online!” type message. The last information that I know is that she was entering one of those IRL tough/complicated spots in her life. She has my prayers with her, and I hope she able to join in on the fun with us again, soon. Here’s to hoping she’s safe and sassing whatever life is trying to throw at her.

3 Likes

Any update on this @Relic724?

Argh! I’ve been summoned! :sweat_smile:

lol, No real progress, since last I reported in. I’ve been caught up in … get this… a startup company for the nearby small town of Guymon. Sooo, yeah, not a whole bunch of time, atm. I should be getting back on track on this project in about two weeks, though. I remembered I was playing with gridbag layout for the toolbar of buttons… and I guess I’ll have to change the target of the project to Netbeans 8, won’t I?

So here’s to me trying to do my time management to make time for this. Woot!