TangentBinormalGenerator warning. How to fix?

I’m getting the following warning and I have no idea how to fix it.

Jan 15, 2011 4:52:58 PM com.jme3.util.TangentBinormalGenerator processTriangleData

WARNING: Angle between tangents exceeds tolerance for vertex 868.

Jan 15, 2011 4:52:58 PM com.jme3.util.TangentBinormalGenerator processTriangleData

WARNING: Angle between tangents exceeds tolerance for vertex 869.

Code is pretty simple.

[java]

Sphere spStar = new Sphere(30, 30, 5f);

spStar.setTextureMode(Sphere.TextureMode.Projected);

TangentBinormalGenerator.generate(spStar);

[/java]

Well…reduce the angle…it’s easy…

no I’m kidding…

We recently restored back an old tangentBinormals generator, because it is working a lot better than the one we modified.

However it’s a lot more verbose.

Besides these warnings, does your model looks good?

If it does i’ll just make the TBG silent or output the warnings with an info level.

I honestly can’t see anything different from what I was seeing before. It looks like a perfect sphere to me. The texturing on both poles is a little funky, but that’s expected with a sphere.

The weirdest is that I use the same thing both for the preview (selecting a star will show a preview of it in a panel) and when the game shifts into solar system space but I only get that warning in the preview panel (which is a ViewPort a.k.a. Picture in picture).

So except for that, all is good.

If they are alreydy generated on a mesh they wont be generated for the same one again.

I’m not reusing the panel code to generate the stars, neither am I reusing the geometry.

Looks like I was wrong. Both views (Panel and solar system) give me the message. For some reasons I hadn’t noticed. I wanted to post that correction but forgot. :frowning:

I think it’s safe if i just comment the warnings in the generator

done!

Thank you. :slight_smile: