Texture combine problem - OR - Missing javadoc in "Texture" class

Continued working on my thesis today. As usual, this is followed by a thread in this forum, sadly

Seems you should consult some OpenGL docs - lwjgl has no comments on these, too - as far as I can see.

Hm well. Yeah. Researching openGL probably gives the information about it as well.

I just thought there should be some javadoc for the JME functions in JME, too.

Anyway. If you say so, i'll try and find some openGL docu to study…

Paigan said:

I just thought there should be some javadoc for the JME functions in JME, too.

There should be! And if you (or anyone else) knows what those constants do please add/post a comment...

It wasn't too hard to find some OpenGL stuff where the same expressions are used, including math. formulas describing what the functions do.

http://www.opengl.org/documentation/specs/version1.3/glspec13.pdf (Page 150)

But the problem remains, as i don't know stuff like how to call (or enable?) them correctly, how they are linked to those OpenGL functions and so on.

For example, the Texture Class (line 253) says:

Yes, it could use some javadoc for sure. Problem is you have to know what all the different modes to to write them :wink:

I'm considering writing a little demo app so you can play around with the settings a bit, you can currently do something like that with MonkeyWorld3D already.

As for the "(line 253)". The methods you listed only have an effect when setApply(AM_COMBINE) is set.

llama said:

As for the "(line 253)". The methods you listed only have an effect when setApply(AM_COMBINE) is set.

Hehe yeah. i already figured that out. Didn't look at that at first.
Why keeping it simple if i can get it complicated :D

I'm currently playing around with the combine functions in my app.
At least i can tell what some of them do by now.