Textures from scratch

hi,

do a double-click on a node and you can see the result in the preview.

Then the autoupdate works on parameter-changes. ( i hope  :D )

greetz

Ah yes. Doubleclicking is working for update. :slight_smile:

new version 0.026 is online:

fixes:

• autoupdate now working correctly on parameter changes. (load an operator into the preview before via doubleclick)
  • Noise operator has now two optional color inputs. Any operator can now mixed with the Noise operator
  • minor renderer changes

new version 0.027 is online:

• texture size handling added. Right-click in preview window scale the output now.
  • refresh and autoupdate has optimized. The selected texture is now updated ever…
  • example files online

what is next?

• external 3D preview (Cube, Sphere, Plane, … )
  • external preview window (better for large textures  :smiley: )

Fantastic and appealing work. Congratulations BlackBluegL.

Is there a .jar file for this? What license are you putting on it?

It would be nice to add this as a tool to JGF framework,  Would you be happy with that?

Is there a .jar file for this? What license are you putting on it?

Yes. The Editor is a single jarfile, but depends on my own GUI-Libs. (Graph-lib and other tools used by the editor)

At the current state of the editor and provides only static texture generation functionality. A jme-connector is ready, but not usable for production. It need to be rewritten to provide a pluggable texture object that is updated in realtime.

How i can extend the JGF with my editor? Is there a configuration file or a class, that must be implemented?

The plan for the next public beta is, to provide a 3d viewport. My idea is, to make this viewport abstract. So we can use my internal Viewport or JGF-viewport or any other View.

What license are you putting on it?

Today the project is licensed under my own license. The tool (Gilibsy) is freeware at this stage.

It would be nice to add this as a tool to JGF framework,  Would you be happy with that?

Yes, tell me what you need, to get it in your JGF.

Well, I would barely redistribute it. At some point, I would like to gather a few of the tools out there and provide a package containing them as a tool collection, as I think it would be nice to have some sort of development environment for games.