The 3D model should load but it just doesn’t?

Hello there forum!

I’m in the process of learning jmonkey, and i have encountered which is probably a very noobie prolem… My models just wont load!

When i try to convert my mesh.xmls to .j3o’s, I get this error:

“Unsupported pass directive: emissive

Unsupported pass directive: zero”

And the “Coverting Model” progress bar continues forever…

When I try to convert OBj’s, It converts! and lulls me into a false sense of achivement, because when i load them up with assetManager, and run the game, it shuts down immediately and I get this:

“WARNING: No loader registered for type .

Oct 01, 2011 10:26:22 PM com.jme3.app.Application handleError

SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

java.lang.NullPointerException

at mygame.Main.simpleInitApp(Main.java:46)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:218)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:138)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:206)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)”

I’m hoping somebody, or one of the moderators in their infinite wisdom, could help such a mere mortal. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

I am using blender 2.59 for my models and blender2ogre to export, its giving me a mesh, a mesh.xml a scene a material and various other files, they all act in the same weay in jmonkey, thanks in advance for the reponse

“WARNING: No loader registered for type ." means you try to load a model without the extension, e.g. “Models/MyModel”, you have to load it including the suffix, e.g. “Models/MyModel.j3o”.

could you post your loading code? there might be a problem there.

Note that jME3 alpha4 does not support Blender 2.59, only Blender 2.49. For Blender 2.5x support please use the SVN version (until beta comes out)

Thank You, I never thought of that, however I did manage to get my man to load as a .j3o coverted from an .obj with this code:

“Material mat = new Material(assetManager,

“Common/MatDefs/Misc/Unshaded.j3md”);

Spatial body = assetManager.loadModel(“Models/BodyO/Body_Scene.j3o”);

body.scale(0.05f, 0.05f, 0.05f);

body.rotate(0.0f, -3.0f, 0.0f);

body.setLocalTranslation(2.0f, 1.0f, 6.0f);

rootNode.attachChild(body);

body.setMaterial(mat);

DirectionalLight sun = new DirectionalLight();

sun.setDirection(new Vector3f(-0.1f, -0.7f, -1.0f).normalizeLocal());

rootNode.addLight(sun);”

The same code used with a .mesh.xml throws up an error and closes the game, and i cannot convert from .mesh.xml to .j3o, Perhaps because of blender 2.59.

Thanks

Ok, Momoko Fan, i did some research but it still isnt clear what the SVN version is, please could you fill me in? :stuck_out_tongue:

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:build_jme3_sources_with_netbeans