For a destroyed world, The Ark’s launch means humanity’s second chance and solitary hope.
The Ark: Relaunch
Developer: Nyphoon Games ( http://nyphoon.com )
Genre: Action Space-Shooter
License: Freeware + some engines will be open-sourced
Platforms: Windows, Linux, OS X (unconfirmed)
Release Date: Q1 2015
The Ark: Relaunch is a space shooter game which has been under development since late 2012. The game builds on its predecessor, yet will be making notable changes in every aspect - including a completely new gameplay engine. So far, much of the work has been put into a number of Procedural Generation engines.
A sample of our work on the Procedural Generation engines we’re building from scratch:
Some of the features we’re planning on including:
- Most of the Ambient Graphics will be procedurally-generated. Read the full feature announcement: http://nyphoon.com/the-ark-relaunch-ambient-graphics/
- Intelligent AI and tactical gameplay. Read the full feature announcement: http://nyphoon.com/the-ark-relaunch-opponents-ai-2/
- Customize your space ship - buy new weapons which deal different amounts of damage to different opponents, buy armor for your space ship and customize your spaceship’s look. Read the full feature announcement: http://nyphoon.com/the-ark-relaunch-customization/
- Spaceship destructibility - watch your ship get destroyed slowly or arm it properly, and learn the importance of dodging enemy attacks. Read the full feature announcement: http://nyphoon.com/the-ark-relaunch-destructibility/
- What’s more, The Ark: Relaunch will be played in a 3D environment!
Your support is our fuel! You can contact us or follow our progress on a number of social networks: