The given texture parameter is not set. (from Hello Materials tutorial)

Hi guys, I’m new to jme3 -4 Alpha and I was doing the Hello materials tutorial, but jme3 keeps coming with this error:

Warning: Cannot locate resource: Textures/Terrain/Pond/Pond.jpg (Flipped) (Mipmaped)
oct 25, 2011 2:53:57 PM com.jme3.app.Application handleError
Grave: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The given texture parameter is not set.
at com.jme3.material.Material.clearTextureParam(Material.java:375)
at com.jme3.material.Material.setTexture(Material.java:417)
at mygame.Main.simpleInitApp(Main.java:64)
at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:218)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:138)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:206)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Line 64 is the one that loads the pond texture, of course
[java]
mat_lit.setTexture("DiffuseMap", assetManager.loadTexture("Textures/Terrain/Pond/Pond.jpg"));
[/java]

I decided to just copy the code to see if I was typing something wrong, but that's not it. I searched in the forums and I already added the library jme3-test-data.jar as recommended in similar topics, but it keeps popping out the error. I believe my jme3 is the nightly build (i upgraded it yesterday), but i might be wrong. Also, what does (Flipped) and (Mipmaped) mean?

Other information:
Testing the ninja an teapod tutorial (Hello asset) works.
I searched in my computer and test data library is there, but as "jme3testdata" could it be that it is named wrong?
The "about" information gives this

Product Version: jMonkeyPlatform Alpha-4
Java: 1.7.0_01; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 21.1-b02
System: Windows 7 version 6.1 running on amd64; Cp1252; es_ES (jmonkeyplatform)
Userdir: C:UsersJaviLopLAppDataRoaming.jmonkeyplatformdev

Thanks in advance.

Quite a few people have made threads on this very thing. I believe its supposed to be Pong.png for the alpha release and its .jpg for the beta (don’t quote me on it), try with .png. Also any reason your not using the Beta?

wezrule said:
Quite a few people have made threads on this very thing. I believe its supposed to be Pong.png for the alpha release and its .jpg for the beta (don't quote me on it)

i did!!!
MWHAHAHAHAAA !!! But only because that's the truth... the png files have been compressed and saved to jpg to lower the size of the test data.

Also i recommend using beta, the tutorials should be up to date with it and you might have these kind of issues if you're using alpha4.

wezrule said:
Quite a few people have made threads on this very thing. I believe its supposed to be Pong.png for the alpha release and its .jpg for the beta (don't quote me on it), try with .png. Also any reason your not using the Beta?

nehon said:
i did!!!
MWHAHAHAHAAA !!! But only because that's the truth... the png files have been compressed and saved to jpg to lower the size of the test data.

Also i recommend using beta, the tutorials should be up to date with it and you might have these kind of issues if you're using alpha4.

Yes! Sorry for my late response but changing it to .png that solved the problem ;)
About using Alpha and not Beta... I think I didn't notice when downloading the installer and then it didn't cross my mind (I'll install the beta) :roll: thanks again the three of you for your quick response and help.