The image in the header of the forum

Hello

Just noticed that the image in the header of the forum looks a bit weird.

http://i.imgur.com/xdwJx.png

As you can see at the bottom there’s a top part of the picture, that’s been duplicated. This image is a screenshot of what I see via chrome.

Chrome sux. :stuck_out_tongue:

The header displays fine here on FF 11.0. Nevermind the version number as it’s changed at every damn release… Only major “changes”… lol

1 Like

It’s “broken” in Iceweasel 3.5.16 also :stuck_out_tongue:

I have noticed also that this happens if I change the page zoom levels.

When I zoom out a lot in Safari I get the same (no wonder, same browser engine):

http://i.imgur.com/r4JPB.png

You sure this happens at normal zoom setting?

@normen said:
You sure this happens at normal zoom setting?

In my case I have Font size set to Large , zoom level to 100% and in Customize fonts fonts size set to 20px.
@KayTrance said:
In my case I have Font size set to Large , zoom level to 100% and in Customize fonts fonts size set to 20px.

That's probably it then. Its fine for me on Chrome until I zoom in 4 clicks (not sure what % this is, I can't find any indication of such in Chrome)

I’m getting this problem (although it’s not much of a problem) in Firefox 11 on standard zoom and text sizes.

Of course it could easily be remedied by adding something like the following to the CSS:

[java]background-color: #778800;

background-repeat: no-repeat;[/java]

A gradient could be used for HTML5 compliant browsers, if the background colour would not be enough.

It seem that I have localized the problem.

Looking at the upper part of the site from different browsers with web developer toolbar I have found that the height for the “form#search-form” element differs. In one case it’s equal to 23px and the header part looks perfect, and in my chrome it’s equal to 30px. This is due to custom font size, which affects how big the combo box looks like (the one where you select where to search).

This is with custom fonts:

And this is with default fonts

This affects the whole block because I have also found in css that .paddler has paddings set up, like so:

[java]#header #search-bar .padder {

padding: 10px 15px 0 20px;

height: auto;

}[/java]

So, just set paddings to 0px for this block and it should be fine (until you zoom to 1000%, but I doubt anyone will :slight_smile: )