The Wonder of Third-Party Hosting

https://www.dev.java.net/servlets/StartPage

It’s been more than 24 hours…it better look frickin’ awesome when it’s back online. :slight_smile:

darkfrog said:
:)

You couldn't say that with a straight face I notice.  ;)

They're keeping it down this long so that when it does come back up, even if it's the same, you'll still be happy just to have it back!

renanse said:

You couldn't say that with a straight face I notice.  ;)

That's true....I always think of Dr. Evil when I say frickin' and it makes me giggle.  :P

chirstius said:

They're keeping it down this long so that when it does come back up, even if it's the same, you'll still be happy just to have it back!

Flawed reasoning, they leave it down long enough when they bring it back up nobody will still be there waiting for it. ;)

If it was sourceforge, no one would even NOTICE it being unresponsive for 24 hours… 

shingoki said:

If it was sourceforge, no one would even NOTICE it being unresponsive for 24 hours...

I do remember being chastised for hosting my projects on my own server "owned by an individual" but it would seem my server has a better track record than Java.net or SourceForge.  :stuck_out_tongue:

For the year and a half my server has been up it has yet to be down more than 10 minutes.  :wink:

darkfrog said:

For the year and a half my server has been up it has yet to be down more than 10 minutes.  ;)

Haha, finally the real reason you started this topic is revealed  ;)

Nah, just a side benefit.  I was originally frustrated because I do host quite a few projects at Java.net