tonegodGUI Documentation (Pre-Alpha Release)

@machspeeds said: Hi tonegod. Not sure if this is the place to ask about bugs/fixes, but I have one to report (I think)

If I try and make a Label or a Panel with text fade in (haven’t tested with others), the panel/label’s background fades in properly, but it’s the text those items have that don’t. As soon as showWithEffect() is called, it immediately shows the text, without the fade.

Any solution for this?

Sorry for the delay. There is and isn’t atm. The 2D framework has a new BitmapText replacement that allows for fading/rotation/etc individual characters or total text strings. However, the 2D framework is HARSH on Android at best and I’m not sure I can integrate it without a split in the repo. And it will have the above limitation at that point… no way around that yet.

As for a fix with the currentBitmapText class provided with JME, it is impossible as far as I know. =(

EDIT: I LIED!

You could fade the text seperately by applying a color change (i.e. same color, alpha fade.) This is translated into an update of the vertex colors used in the BitmapText… soooo, I believe it is a bit process intensive as the vertex buffer would need to be updated per frame during the fade.

EDIT 2: I’ll add this to the list of things I’ll look into after the 1st. I may be able to solve this.

Sorry for the delay. There is and isn’t atm. The 2D framework has a new BitmapText replacement that allows for fading/rotation/etc individual characters or total text strings. However, the 2D framework is HARSH on Android at best and I’m not sure I can integrate it without a split in the repo. And it will have the above limitation at that point… no way around that yet.

As for a fix with the currentBitmapText class provided with JME, it is impossible as far as I know. =(

Don’t worry about the delay. It seems like life is giving you a lot of issues right now, so take your time.

Thanks for letting me know about this. <span style=“text-decoration:line-through;”>Looks like I’ll have to use another effect of some sort. Hmmmmmm…
</span>

EDIT: Your edit caught me by surprise.

Well, I probably won’t be releasing for android, so process intensive should still be fine (It’s like, 10 words maximum than need this).

However, I don’t understand what your alt. suggestion is. Fade using the alpha map with the same color? Explain please (I’m a noob at this :slight_smile: )