tonegodGUI Feature Requests

Ideas, thoughts for improvement… thoroughly thought out or otherwise, this is the place to post them.

My request:

• Basic Entity System for JME and SDK(sceneComposer).
    In this way scene composer will be able to use like a world editor. To manipulate entities and set components for them.
    I think the scene composer works now as a model editor. If the scenecomposer will be able to place and manipulate entities it will be a new feature.
    Like “ModelEditor mode”(edit nodes/geometries) and “SceneEditor Mode”(place and manipulate entities and their components).

An entity can be:

• empty node (like a placeholder)
  • j3o model

And another feature for the worldeditor: Save a scene(entities and components) to XML/JSON file. Not j3o.
It will be better if you want to use your custom ES.

@mifth psssst… look at the forum :wink: I can’t do anything about those =)>

Hum… Is this the right thread ? I think this one is in a branch named "Home › Forum › Projects › tonegodGUI " :wink:

@t0neg0d said: @mifth psssst... look at the forum ;) I can't do anything about those =)>

Even though you have your own group you may want to consider putting the specifics in the subject of your topics. It’s less confusing for the people who read the “Latest Posts” and might skip the group. I try to do it in my Mythruna group, putting Mythruna in all of the topics just so people know what they are getting into if they don’t read the full entry on the latest posts page.

1 Like

AAAhhh… i thought this is just a general group. Sorry…

@pspeed said: Even though you have your own group you may want to consider putting the specifics in the subject of your topics. It's less confusing for the people who read the "Latest Posts" and might skip the group. I try to do it in my Mythruna group, putting Mythruna in all of the topics just so people know what they are getting into if they don't read the full entry on the latest posts page.

But this is so much more fun >.< Actually, I had 0 clue this would show up outside of the group forum… which sorta error'd out and I couldn't remove the post once I saw that it was global. Seeeeeeew… I may delete this as it wasn't supposed to be a bother to anyone else.

@mifth You actually made my day. I was almost considering telling you that all of it was agreed on and they were starting on those ideas right away. =)

Everything shows up in “Latest Posts”… which is I guess how most people watch the forum.

1 Like

This is planned to be changed afaik @pspeed so that the group forums are indeed completely separate

Well unless you’ve already started working on it,
a drag and drop feature would be nice to have along with a DropFilter.

The system is starting to look epic, way to go!

2 Likes
@normen said: This is planned to be changed afaik @pspeed so that the group forums are indeed completely separate

Hmmm… that would be kind of unfortunate, too. No one would ever see them, I think.

I agree with pspeed. It would be better on the latest posts thing to automatically put the name of the group in at the start or something.

@pspeed, @zarch: Just imagine we are a thriving community with hundreds of active projects and games and agree with me :wink: Engine problems should be posted in the engine forums, if somebody wants a feature for some external lib or reports a bug I don’t need to see that.

@perfecticus said: Well unless you've already started working on it, a drag and drop feature would be nice to have along with a DropFilter.

The system is starting to look epic, way to go!

PM with how you see this working. There are a few approaches that could be considered: relying on droppable objects to react various draggables, having the draggable track it’s own list of valid droppables and react accordingly, negating the need for an actual drop objects. Then there are peripherals to consider, such as springback on failed drop, etc, etc)

Pardon me for not going through all your posts, so this might be covered somewhere already:

Just some random and unpolished ideas.
I would like windows to snap to each other.
I would like windows to always stay on screen, right now you can move them offscreen. (I realize that this is how a normal windowing system works though).
Modal windows is also nice to have =)

More of a question that feature request: How easy will it be to use characters other than the English alphabet in you GUI? (East Asian and other languages, etc).

@kd12 said: More of a question that feature request: How easy will it be to use characters other than the English alphabet in you GUI? (East Asian and other languages, etc).

Should be no harder than replacing the default bitmap font, display wise.

To do this, you would copy the the style_map.xml file and the Fonts.xml file.
In the Fonts.xml file, you would point
[java]
<property name=“defaultFont” type=“String” value=“tonegod/gui/style/def/Fonts/tonegodGUI.fnt” />
[/java]
at you custom font. Then in the style_map.xml file you would point
[java]
<style control=“Font” path=“tonegod/gui/style/def/Fonts/Fonts.xml” />
[/java]
at your local Fonts.xml file. EDIT: One final step I forgot to mention. When you create the instance of the screen class you would point this at your custom style_map.xml file, like such:
[java]
screen = new Screen(this, “Interface/style_map.xml”); // or where you put it
screen.initialize();
guiNode.addControl(screen);
[/java]

Hoi, I am using your library and am pretty happy so far… But now I need a few controls, that
are not available (yet). Can you perhaps post a list, what you have planned so far? Idea behind
this, that I do not start implementing the custom controls which you already have in your pipeline.

Btw. I think you wrote some time ago, that you have also planned to provide some kind of default
themes. Still your intention?

@TsrKanal said: Hoi, I am using your library and am pretty happy so far... But now I need a few controls, that are not available (yet). Can you perhaps post a list, what you have planned so far? Idea behind this, that I do not start implementing the custom controls which you already have in your pipeline.

Btw. I think you wrote some time ago, that you have also planned to provide some kind of default
themes. Still your intention?

Hey you!

Well… I know that the following are on the list ( #1 per request from @madjack )

1. SelectList (scrollable area with selectable items… possibly multi-select togglable)
  2. PushList (Two of the above controls with buttons for moving list items between the two… possibly drag/drop enabled as well)
  3. SlideTray & TabControl (both there atm… but still need work)

Considering these as well (these are game related and off in the future at some point… if they can be made generic enough):

1. Action Bar + Scriptable buttons with cooldown timers
  2. Configurable Inventory Window
  3. Configurable Containers

EDIT: Ooops… meant to ask what you needed?

Hmm. A list that can also include bitmaps as rows. I want to create them manually with a imagepainter. They should also be dragable to
another list or to a slot - like an actionbar, or similar. And then some kind of slot container - I think this can be similar to what you have in mind
with the “Configurable Containers”. Some table control for showing statistics would also be nice.

1 Like