Transparency

Hello friends, nice to see you again/meet you. I have a problem with transparency on this model that isnt showing by default. It’s supposed to be a leaf texture on a transparent plane and displays correctly in blender, however, I have tried using all three different model formats with jme and I still cannot get the leaf to display correctly, also, whenever I try to create a new j3m either jmp or jre crashes, im not sure which. I will post a screenshot below. Thanks.

http://imgur.com/cwp00

From left to right this is blend, obj, ogre formats.

model.setQuestBucket(Bucket.Transparent));

use ogre format

1 Like
@Addez said:
model.setQuestBucket(Bucket.Transparent));
use ogre format

QuestBucket? :P

I'd use QueueBucket, but hey, that's just me. ;)

I’m personally all about the quest buckets… but to each her own.

lol story.setQuestBucket(Bucket.Epic));

@javagame Also your material has to use the BlendMode.Alpha

sorry for the late response, but what imports do i need for quest bucket? :confused:

EDIT

Ugh, im such a noob, cant believe i missed this in hello materials!

@javagame said:
sorry for the late response, but what imports do i need for quest bucket? :/

To import the quest bucket you need to be at least level 5 and have collected 5 bear pelts.
1 Like
@thetoucher said:
To import the quest bucket you need to be at least level 5 and have collected 5 bear pelts.

I heard from a half-orc in some tavern that the Lord of Summerfall will accept 20 badger pelts. And those are better XP for the trouble. And every elf knows, you can only really trust a half-orc when he's half drunk...

(we are such RPG nerds)
1 Like

I heard that shaman wild boars can drop it sometimes, but that quite a long shot coz the drop rate is very low.

2 Likes

Oh, the transparent bucket quest!

That was a tricky one - I looked all over the enchanted forest for that bucket, but then I realised it’s transparent!

Luckily, when it rained the bucket filled with water and you could see the bucket shaped water standing in the middle of a glade.

2 Likes

And that’s how you troll a thread…talking about trolls, i once knew a troll…

2 Likes

What tribe was he from?

Low levels twinks used to xploit the bucket, so it got hit strongly by the nerfbat… sadly it spelled doom to the Aquarius profession and now, those two faced Gemini’s roam freely.