Transparent...and Opaque!

so? was that texture combine mode what you were looking for? i tested it here with your code and it worked.

You got it Sfera. So the the quad was actually textured with terrain texture, and the alpha state was innocent? Wondering where this texture combining in the scenegraph can be useful?

don't ask me. i just took a peek at the Mouse class, because that one was working.

edit: the quad wasn't textured with the terrain texture. it was just "not transparent"  :expressionless:

Sfera, can you check out my updated code and see if it works on your end, because it's sure not for me still and I believe I have implemented what you've stated. :o  I'm afraid perhaps this is a hardware issue although that makes no sense seeing as I've got an nVidia 6600GT on Windows XP running the latest drivers…

If you are seeing transparency with the code I just checked in then there's definitely a problem.

Thanks again all who have attempted to help with this.

darkfrog

Kidneybean
? including the last line - setting the render queueQueueMode

DF, please set the render queue mode

last line of the createapache method should be

chopperBody.setRenderQueueMode(Renderer.QUEUE_TRANSPARENT);

Have tested and it works with the above line ;)

sorry for answering so late, but you posted, right after i went offline :slight_smile:

llama's right add that transparent queue thingy and everything should work. i just grabbed the latest code from your trunk and it did that. now you should be a happy frog  :smiley:

• nods in shame *

I was in a hurry and just copied almost verbatim what sfera had posted in replacement of what I had already.  :cry:

I'll verify tonight.  I appreciate all your help guys and your patience with me…sometimes it's the blatently obvious problems that give me the most difficulty. :-p

darkfrog

ohhh, look at the poor sad frog and at its huge pink ribbon :stuck_out_tongue:

And this right after getting developer status… GRRREEAATTT.

ROFLOL

llama, and I was at that point. :-p

mojo, if you decide to take away my developer status I'll understand…  :roll:

darkfrog

@llama: the line was in there. the evil toad removed it :slight_smile:

Its one thing to spot a line of code missing, another thing is to understand what that line of code actually does.

now you're confusing me  :expressionless:

sfera said:

@llama: the line _was_ in there. the evil toad removed it :)

Uhm, yeah.. I posted the link to the diff output.

hehe, amazing how much conversation such a mistake on my part can cause. :-p

darkfrog

Okay, so it's official:

nim

poor frog…

:smiley:

they'r all cruel with poor frog

darkfrog said:

mojo, if you decide to take away my developer status I'll understand... 

I do not think that this is called for, every one makes mistakes.

well said badmi,

Lol cop this for a mistake from the UK Government this week :-

they found illegal imigrants working as cleaners in a Home Office Government department of immigration.