Trouble Exporting with Ogre

I’m having just a little trouble, I’m using 3ds max 2010. I have a model which i have made a skeleton for, and i have skinned it. When i export it just like this, (not trying to bring int he skeleton or any animations) everything is fine. However, when i tell it to export/include the bones, shit hits the fan. Parts of my model are just torn apart and the like. I’m working on if this is just an issue with the ogre export model viewer, but my big problem is one that i can’t seem to get to the bottom of. when i go ahead (despite my model being slightly or severely deformed) and load my model into my program i get this error.

[java]SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 28

at com.jme3.animation.AnimControl.softwareSkinUpdate(AnimControl.java:447)

at com.jme3.animation.AnimControl.controlUpdate(AnimControl.java:387)

at com.jme3.scene.control.AbstractControl.update(AbstractControl.java:88)

at com.jme3.scene.Spatial.runControlUpdate(Spatial.java:502)[/java]

I have played with every setting in the ogre exporter i can think of, and this error report doesn’t give me much to go off of. Just curious if anyone has come across this before, and if they have any suggestions.

-couple notes,

-Skeleton is loaded and in the right place

-exporting as .mesh not scene

-simple mesh completely connected, one part.

-no ik or fk solvers, just bones atm.

So i figured out my problem with the skin was something on my side, also it is requiring me to load it as a morph. my only problem is, when i load it as a morph, my animation controller wont pick it up, and i cant tell the animation to run.

Exporting as morph won’t help, its a completely different format of animation which is of lower quality.

Can you please provide the mesh.xml and skeleton.xml files of the bone-exported model? Thanks

Sure thing man, Yeah i wasn’t sure what the deal with the morph thing was, when i leave it as just a skeletal animation it just kinda destroys my mesh when i try and test the animation in the ogre viewer. And i already kinda see the problem with the format, when i do a morph all of the animations is stored in the Mesh file, as opposed to being in the skeleton file. Rather than just linking to the bones it is just inside its own XML key . Ill throw up the files for you, but im guessing at this point my problem is figuring out why a simple skeletal animation is not working as opposed to the morph. Here are the files when i try and just export it as a morph (which makes the animations work fine int he ogre viewer) http://filesmelt.com/dl/Momoko.rar Thanks for any help you can provide, its much appreciated.

As a quick update, I tried going back to skeletal animations, changed around my root and messed with some settings but no dice, when i load it into my game and try to runt he animation, simply nothing happens.

Morph animations are not supported by jME3 so they will not load.

Try to export the model with skeleton animations, and make sure they work in the ogre viewer first

I’m sorry I suppose i should explain what I was doing better. Thank you for giving me the heads up that morphs are not supported, that cuts a lot of my problems, I was already working on using just skeletal animations, but those are what seems to not be working. Perhaps i should try using something other than max?

Many people are using Ogre3D with 3DSMax, I suggest that you consult the documentation for the ogremax exporter. Try starting small with exporting a test model with a few bones just to see if you can get that to work.