Trouble getting started

Hello all,

I have installed the jMonkey SDK from the link provided and it has informed me that i was missing a JDK. I then installed from this link:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-se-jdk-7-download-432154.html

I also installed some Netbeans things that were linked to from somewhere on this site.

It ran ok but would not create a project that i could use. I let it patch and restarted the application. I am now faced with this message:

“Warning - could not install some modules: Preprocessor Bridge - None of the modules providing the capability org.netbeans.modules.java.preprocessorbridge.spi.JavaSourceUtilImpl could be installed. Java Source - The module named org.netbeans.modules.parsing.lucene was needed and not found. Java Source UI - The module named org.netbeans.modules.parsing.lucene was needed and not found. Eclipse Project Importer - The module named org.netbeans.modules.java.api.common/0-1 was needed and not found. 17 further modules could not be installed due to the above problems.”

Any information or help would be appreciated. I have minimal experience programming and it is something i am looking into learning.

Not a good start when i can`t even get the SDK to work!

Thanks.

You should download the JDK 6, there are some problems with JDK7 and jme.

wezrule said:
You should download the JDK 6, there are some problems with JDK7 and jme.

Really? I use JDK7 and haven't seen any problems yet.

Thanks.

Grabbing that now. I should also mention that it`s the 64bit version.

i remember @normen saying something about Java 7 and jme, perhaps im wrong then

All right, installed and still wont work. Any project i create is unrecognised.<br /> Any ideas?<br /> <br /> Ive installed the x86 and the x64 versions of JDK6.

I`ve reinstalled jmonkey.

Same symptoms.

Uninstall jMP. When it’s done uninstalling it’ll ask you if you want to delete the saved settings. Say YES.

Reinstall. Once it’s done, run it and wait for the prompt to update. Don’t change ANY of the update sources. That means that, in the Plugins dialog, when you go to Settings only the following should be enabled:

Base Platform Alpha

jME SDK Nightly (if you want that, optional)

jME SDK Stable (optional)

jME SDK User Contributions (optional)

Do NOT turn on the NB 3rd party plugins, NB Plugin Portal or NB Platform.

1 Like
madjack said:
Really? I use JDK7 and haven't seen any problems yet.

Cool, thats good to know. I was actually talking about OpenJDK 7 and it was before the release, so maybe things have changed. The platform itself is compatible to JDK 7 but there were some small problems here and there with the jme3 engine itself.

I have to underline here that I haven’t changed jME/jMP’s java platform. It’s still at 1.6 but my game is set to use 1.7 by default. I’ve never wondered if the user would have to have both Java platforms installed to run my game…

thanks, I was just struggling to reinstall everything :slight_smile: maybe it will work this time

madjack said:
Uninstall jMP. When it's done uninstalling it'll ask you if you want to delete the saved settings. Say YES.

Reinstall. Once it's done, run it and wait for the prompt to update. Don't change ANY of the update sources. That means that, in the Plugins dialog, when you go to Settings only the following should be enabled:

Base Platform Alpha
jME SDK Nightly (if you want that, optional)
jME SDK Stable (optional)
jME SDK User Contributions (optional)

Do NOT turn on the NB 3rd party plugins, NB Plugin Portal or NB Platform.

Fantastic.
Thank you, it looks completely different and seems fully functional. Just updating now.

Thanks again.