Trouble with KeyInput

Hi,

I’m trying to increase my knowledge in Java and jME and thats why I’m using some examples. Now I try to understand the KeyInput. For that I use this example: www2.ac.edu/faculty/gsilver/Game_Sim/Example5.java

My Problem is now: When I type this program in Eclipse, I get some red underlined methods

for example:

input.addKeyboardAction(“moveSphere”, KeyInput.KEY_K, new MoveShape()); --> somehow it doesn’t know “addKeyBoardAction”

or:

setAllowsRepeats(false); --> doesn’t know “setAllowsRepeats”

or:

if(e.isKeyDown(KeyInput.KEY_K)){ --> it doesn’t know “.isKeyDown”

I’m using the same code like the programmer, but it doesn’t work. Is it possible that I have not the right imports or libraries?

A search in google gave no answer to my problem, maybe I can get help from here.

You probably don't have the JARs correctly identified.  Have you tried running the tests in the source code?  That would be a good first step before starting to write your own code.

Hi,

if you mean the testfiles in the jmetest-folder, yes. But I'm confused about the problem, that the example doesn't work. Do you know which jar-files I need and where to copy them?

All of the JARs in the lib directory.

I’ve included all jars with the description from this tutorial http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_eclipse_to_build_jme - “Setting up Eclipse to build jME”

jinput.jar

jogg-0.0.5.jar

jorbis-0.0.12.jar

junit-4.1.jar

lwjgl.jar

lwjgl-applet.jar

lwjgl-fmod3.jar

lwjgl-test.jar

lwjgl-util.jar

lwjgl-util-applet.jar

They are all included in the “JME required” library.