Trying out the nightly SDK on my rc2 project

Based on the recent thread about deciding on the name of the next jmonkey release. I was getting under the impression that a next stable version is about to be released. so I downloaded the nightly version (as a seperate installation) just to check it out with my game just to see what would happen.

It actually worked with no problem and no code changs, so I thought that was pretty cool…

But then when I went back to the RC2 version and opened the project again. when I run the project I get

[java]Exception in thread “jME3 Audio Thread” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: Method org.lwjgl.openal.ALC10.nalcGetString(JI)Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer; name or signature does not match
at org.lwjgl.openal.ALC10.initNativeStubs(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.init(AL.java:157)
at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:138)
at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:102)
at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:201)
at com.jme3.audio.lwjgl.LwjglAudioRenderer.initInThread(LwjglAudioRenderer.java:140)
at com.jme3.audio.lwjgl.LwjglAudioRenderer.run(LwjglAudioRenderer.java:98)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)[/java]

(keep in mind I didnt change any code)

Something about building the project on the nightly changed something about the project and I can’t seem to figure out what (fortunately the project is backed up so I’m not pulling my hair out or anything)/ I’m just curious if anyone has seen this and knows how to fix it?

Running it would have extracted new natives. Delete the native libraries that got unzipped into your project directory and it should replace them with the older natives when you run again.

2 Likes

that did the trick, thanks!

1 Like