Tutorial errors

Hi all!

I'm a seasoned sw ebgineer but i'm new to 3d graphics so i'm going through the tutorials at the moment.

I've noticed a couple of errors so far. for example the HelloKeyInput creates a second triangle the wrong way round:

int[] indexes = { 0, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3 };

should be

int[] indexes = { 0, 1, 2, 2, 1, 3 };

So the normal is the wrong way and the rectangle looks like it's half in shadow.

Where's the best place to report errors like this with the tutorials?

Thanks for the input!

I'd say you've done everything correctly, next time just shoot for the documentation forum.  In any event, you are more than welcome to make an account on the wiki and fix the problem.

Do'h How did I mis the Documentation forum!?

Thanks,

I'll do as you suggest and update the tutorials as I go along.

:smiley:

Hi Orangutan,

you are right – the version of this file that is in the source repository had the error corrected, but the web version still had it.  :oops:

And, yes, please report incorrect tutorials here. I did not write the first set of tutorials (for jme2), but I can surely update them.

Zathras

You can't register on the wiki at the moment; you'll need to wait until we move over to the new website…

InfernoZeus said:

You can't register on the wiki at the moment; you'll need to wait until we move over to the new website...
I think I fixed that :) (and in this particular, singular, ever so rare case, it wasn't my fault in the first place!)
erlend_sh said:

InfernoZeus said:

You can't register on the wiki at the moment; you'll need to wait until we move over to the new website...
I think I fixed that :) (and in this particular, singular, ever so rare case, it wasn't my fault in the first place!)

Ah, yes. A head's up would have been nice  :P ;)
InfernoZeus said:
Ah, yes. A head's up would have been nice  :P ;)
What? you don't click into the wiki and try register a new account on a daily basis? 'coz if you did, you would've noticed...

Meet me half way here Ben! :D

I take full responsibility for any of Doku's misgivings :)  Case closed.