Tutorial Series

No sure if this is the right place to put this but ah well, good place as any.
I am doing an jmonkey tutorial series to teach other people and make discover to other people jmonkey so that more people will use jmonkey.
And also i don’t see a lot of jmonkey tutorials out there ( video ), they are some but not many.
Just wanted to tell you fellow monkeys that,
Mathieu

Youtube Channel : Emecanique - YouTube

9 Likes

Excellent!

1 Like

Sorry edited my post i saw that i didn’t give you a link to it
@madjack Thanks!

Great !
Feel free to add a link to your series in the wiki in the “Tut & doc” page.

1 Like

Will do, but first i need some more videos out.

That’s fantastic, the twitterverse must be informed!

@zathras let’s find a place in the wiki for these :slight_smile:

Edit: By the way your playlist is out of order. Tutorial #2 is in the 1st position, and I think the 4th tutorial is missing.

1 Like

add them to the wiki, we need to

2 Likes

Yes, my tutorial werent in the good order, thanx for telling me, i try to put tutorials every 2 days. Tutorial 4 is out btw

1 Like

Wewt, new tutorials. Wezrule vids helped me a lot. So I’ll definitively be checking these later on.

1 Like

Released Tutorial 5, Water with the sdk

Hey, cool tuto…i had never seen the filter tab in the SDK … u_u. Thank you for the tips :slight_smile:

No problem :slight_smile: glad to help.
I’ve discovered not long ago, but i don’t know if you can really customize the filter like you can customize it with code.

You can ^^. It’s fun.

How? Is there a proprety window for filters?

Yes, the same window for all other object properties…Window => Properties and then when you click on your filter you have a full (real time) access in this panel ^^.

Oh really? Haven’t s.een that yet, i’ll check it out

You need to create a now filter file though, then you’ll be able to add filters in the FilterExplorer. (right click new/other in the dialog box go into the Filters folder and choos Empty FilterPostProcessor file)
Each filter has its properties displayed in the propeties panel, you have to click the “eye” icon in Scene composer in order to display them in the scene.

EDIT : Forget about it, seeing your last tutorial you already know this :p. So yeah basically the only point you missed is that you can tweak the filters live in the SDK :wink:

1 Like

Ok, i didn’t know that, really helpful! Thanks.