UI Bug

Hi,



As several users complained about a choppy game, i investigated this problem.



It seems that the UI objects currently uses very, very much memory (basically a memory leak). At my computer it used up to 650 MB memory. Since i have enough memory i didn’t notice the problem, others did.



The way i use it at this point : Every update i check my position and write it to my HUD using the current UI. I noticed each character is created again and again, with every update, getting a high memory load.



Hope this is enough information,



Cheers

Yes, I’ve already fixed this one with a UIFontController to allow for measured reuse as needed, and only as needed. Fixed it big time. It’s not checked in yet though… but soon.



Thanks for finding it though!