Unable to update jMP and related content

Theres a log file in AppData/Roaming/.jmonkeyplatform/dev/… Given that the router just randomly screws up data I could even imagine some problem injected thru this…

The log didn’t shed any light on the matter.

However…

After much frustration, i renamed all modules in my AppData that had been updated (which was every jme plugin). To my great surprise, jme loaded with everything enabled.

Does it fall back to the modules in Program Files/jmonkeyplatform/ when it can’t find them in AppData?

In that case it’s actually a GREAT way to rollback if anything goes wrong during an update.

Now i’ll wait for the router to be fixed before i try to update again…

1 Like

Its falling back to the “alpha-4” state yeah, same as re-installing it really…

@rickard: Good call on the renaming scheme :stuck_out_tongue: and thanks for the info. I am yet to attempt another update until the router issue has been taken care of.

And I would get the nightly at http://jmonkeyengine.com/nightly/ correct? It also seems inoperable for download though. I saw that withing the Platform their is a Nightly update box that will add ~20 or engine related updates to the queue, would successfully downloading & Installing all of these be functionally equivalent to installing a nightly build? Or should I just re-install once the router gets fixed (any ETA on that or better yet someone hosting a temporary mirror of a usable nightly?).

I can update to the nightly build perfectly!

no problem with any modules.

everyone should try now

thanks a lot! :wink:

I can’t update it^^ I think we have to wait a little bit more :smiley:

Still not updating. I am surprised this router is such a challenge to replace - I hope you won’t just reboot and wait for it to slowly die again.

tarwyn said:
Still not updating. I am surprised this router is such a challenge to replace - I hope you won't just reboot and wait for it to slowly die again.

I'm sure the team will be glad to receive your check (PayPal donations are good too) for a Commercial Router replacement. These things are pretty expensive.

:P

Listen guys. We know the router is having problems and steps are being taken for it to be reset (unless you do want to donate for a new router!). Patience is a virtue. From what I'm seeing, many of you are not too virtuous. ;)

I thought this was hosted at a university. I can understand that a router replacement may not be possible at this time, but I am still struggling with the idea that it takes in the area of 8+ days to reset the thing. While I agree with you that patience is a virtue, it does have limits.

Why don’t ya mirror the nightly build some ware else? The updater also appears to have manual proxy options so we could download the updates from another source.

With the last post being 5days ago, would this still be an issue? or simillar one?

As im trying to do updates, and it seems to get some progress, but always halts without any great success.

I’ve updated NIC drivers, new network cable, all other internet apps seem to work fine… just the updates themselves always seem to hang.

Thanks peoples

Chris

Nightly is built on the server, if the connection is broken we cant upload it anywhere :roll:

The server has been moved and update speed should be fine again.

1 Like

Uahh thx for this great message :slight_smile:

7% in 20 sekonds yay :smiley:

uiuiuiuii 78% without problems :slight_smile:

Just updated, now my JMP is screwed :(. A lot of necessary plugins got disabled and can’t be enabled, and it know longer recognizes any of my projects :frowning: anyone else have this problem after updating?

I just updated everything myself and theres no reason any necessary plugins should be disabled, try deleting the jMP settings folder (location is in about screen) and update again.

Hmm I know wrong thread, but I removed all other failures but one…

I used getControl(AnimControl.class).getSkeleton().getBone("").setAttachmentsNode() but it seems like there isn’t a equivalent to this?

Ok well i deleted the settings folder, and updated everything again, still same problem. So i deleted it once more, and only updated the things I knew I needed, and now everything is working again, i guess maybe there is a module conflict or something idk. Thanks for the help normen

I had a simillar problem with jme code hints (i think its called), it was disabled, i couldnt enable it (errors), so i removed it from the plugins, then added it again, it seemed to download again, and after that it was fine

And yes, thankyou Norman we appreciate you getting this up and running :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Chris