Unique RTS-Voxel game ripoff - Looking for crew!

Hi!

I found out about this game:

http://www.sauropodstudio.com/

And since I believe they will not make it free I thought of making it myself in jme3 and release it for free.

A simple but fun version of it ofcourse.

Anyone care to join? Would really need someone good with textures…

2 Likes

I was waiting for your pes 2013 xD. Btw this game sound be very awesome :). Good luck, I wanna play it when it’s done :D. Hope you find a fellow.

great find, love the look of it.

It’s a great looking game (saw it in my Reader today), but since I’m on a crusade for originality today, I gotta ask: What happened to your last game(s)? I loved the idea of your pixel city simulator. Why abandon it? I thought you really had something there.

Ahh yea, I have way too many unfinished games…

As for my PES 2013 (football game), as I didn’t make the deadline, due to heavy exams, I decided to drop it.

It wasn’t much work done on that game anyways.

As for my city simulator, I only took a break from that but sadly I never started working on it again because I started on a 3rd person shooter (which I later took a break from aswell) :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I might start working on the city generator again, just to be able to finish something for once. As many codenerds I have the problem of finishing what I started :stuck_out_tongue:

But if anyone is up on this one I can still work on multiple projects at the same time :slight_smile:

Just thought this castle game was extremly fun to play and I want to play it :stuck_out_tongue:

Off topic: Isn’t “Unique” and “Ripoff” in the same sentance kind of a paradox? :wink:

Hope you succed, it looks quite fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had the this mad behavior of giving up games in development when I was a RPGMaker user :P.

I think it might be because I go out too hard. I script my hands off til I got a funny demo going.

Then I only have bugs and boring menus left before starting indev and thats when I quit :stuck_out_tongue:

But if I would work with some more people on this I think this could really lead to something :slight_smile:

@Addez said:
I think it might be because I go out too hard. I script my hands off til I got a funny demo going.
Then I only have bugs and boring menus left before starting indev and thats when I quit :P

I have the same issue, it's so quick and fun to whip out prototypes. Entering the Cove in the contest forced me push past this barrier, which I hit about half way through, and I learned sooooo much by having to address these things.

I strongly recommend you try and finish one of your games, not only will be immensely satisfying, but you will understand how much work is truly involved to take a concept through to completion. This will really change how you look at, design and build your future projects, ultimately making you a far better game designer. It will probably result in you integrating the 'boring stuff' in from the beginning and then it simply doesn't become a chore at the end, making it easier to finish projects. When it's not a chore and is integrated from the start, for some reason it becomes far less boring.

I have already finished lots of projects as I have final assignments in programming in school. So I do know how to finish a game, but when theres no deadline, theres nothing pushing besides you yourself…