Unmappable characters for UTF8

Hello,

i keep getting this warnings whenever i build jme

it builds fine but the warnings are annoying nonetheless :? so could You please use other filenames

oh, and there are some hardcoded paths in jmetest.sound at the moment (worse yet they are in windows format :wink: )

and BTW: the new sound module(s) look very promising, so plze keep it up :slight_smile:

init:
compile:
Compiling 398 source files to /home/sam/project/JME/jme/build
/home/sam/project/JME/jme/src/com/jme/sound/fmod/SoundSystem.java:523: warning: unmappable character for encoding UTF8
        int clip=SoundSystem.createStream("C:\Documents and Settings\Arman\Mes documents\Noir D�sir-666.667 Club\09-Noir_D�sir-L'homme_press�.mp3", false);
/home/sam/project/JME/jme/src/com/jme/sound/fmod/SoundSystem.java:523: warning: unmappable character for encoding UTF8
        int clip=SoundSystem.createStream("C:\Documents and Settings\Arman\Mes documents\Noir D�sir-666.667 Club\09-Noir_D�sir-L'homme_press�.mp3", false);
3 warnings
dist:
Building jar: /home/sam/project/JME/jme/target/jme.jar
BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 9 seconds)

this should be ok now

sorry for the hardcoded paths

Ok there should be no more hardcoded path for the streaming test (added a file chooser)

And now ladies and… There is a mini player with basic commands (next track, previous track)

A player would be very cool, especially if we could do a visualizer. What sort of access do you have to the streaming sound so you could control a particle engine or something?

What sort of access do you have to the streaming sound so you could control a particle engine or something?

Sorry but I did not get the question ://

are you able to get the treble and bass components of the sound?

If so, you might be able to feed them to the particle system so you can get nice visualisation of the sound. I.e. affect the gravity or the direction of emission of the particles. That would be really cool!

DP

Well no not yet… It’s in my TODO list