UnsuportedOperationException DXT1A

When I deploy the game on android I get an UnsuportedOperationException because “DXT1A” is a non supported texture format.

What is causing this exception?

I have a piece of string in my hand. How long is it?

1 Like
@normen said: I have a piece of string in my hand. How long is it?

It’s THAT long!

Most likely…you have a texture in DXT1A format…and your android does not support that format…

@madjack said: It's THAT long!
*slaps forehead* Sure! The obvious answers ;) Okay @mathias4u, the answer is "because DXT1A is a non supported texture format" xD

I found out…
DXT1A is some microsoft thing that sneaked into the code by following code creating the skybox:

[java]SkyFactory.createSky(assetManager, “Textures/Sky/Bright/BrightSky.dds”, false)[/java]

facepalm

Thank you for letting me do all mistakes by myself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@mathias4u said: Thank you for letting me do all mistakes by myself
You don't, thats the point! So deal with it. The content of this post is meant to be read as a straight information or question without an implicit dismissive stance or interest in having the other party feel offended unless there's emotes that hint otherwise or there's an increased use of exclamation marks and all-capital words.
@normen said: I have a piece of string in my hand. How long is it?

@mathias4u : What Normen means is that if you don’t give information about the context of your error, he cannot give you significant help. He is just tired because he already helped a lot of people today…

There was a post somewhere about “how to get good answers”. You should read it.

1 Like

.dds isn’t supported on android. You need to use 6 different images for the sky box

[java]Texture west = assetManager.loadTexture(“Textures/west.jpg”);
Texture east = assetManager.loadTexture(“Textures/east.jpg”);
Texture north = assetManager.loadTexture(“Textures/north.jpg”);
Texture south = assetManager.loadTexture(“Textures/south.jpg”);
Texture up = assetManager.loadTexture(“Textures/up.jpg”);
Texture down = assetManager.loadTexture(“Textures/down.jpg”);

Spatial sky = SkyFactory.createSky(assetManager, west, east, north, south, up, down);
rootNode.attachChild(sky);[/java]

1 Like