[UPDATED] Strange Model Color

Hey guys!

I’ve downloaded the ISS from the NASA site (http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/3d_resources/assets/iss_c2.html) which is in “.3ds” format.

So, I user “Wings 3D” to convert it to “.obj”, but I got this:

A multricolored model. Is a problem with the conversion, my code or soemthing else?

[java]///-- International Space Station

iss = assetManager.loadModel(“Models/Space/ISS/isscombined.obj”);

Material mat_default = new Material(assetManager, “Common/MatDefs/Misc/ShowNormals.j3md”);

iss.setMaterial(mat_default);

rootNode.attachChild(iss);[/java]

You’re explicitly applying a certain material to the model (using setMaterial) which overrides the material the model currently is using.

Thanks for your reply, Momoko_Fan!

But, when I delete these lines:

[java]Material mat_default = new Material(assetManager, “Common/MatDefs/Misc/ShowNormals.j3md”);

iss.setMaterial(mat_default); [/java]

the model doesn’t shows. And, by the way, I’m receiving these warnings when loading the model:

[java]Unknown statement in OBJ! o

Unknown statement in OBJ! o

Unknown statement in OBJ! o[/java]

just these lines, nothing else.

Thanks in advance, borba.

I don’t think those particular statements matter. Make sure you have a light in your scene as otherwise the model won’t show.

If you’re still having trouble, please post the MTL file that came with the OBJ.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, Momoko_Fan!

You’re right, I forgot completly about the light!

EDIT: i’m downloading a earth “.3ds” model from turbosquid, it’s already with texture(http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/291465), I use Blender / Wings 3D to convert to “.obj” file but the texture gets messed up.

I can’t show a image for you, sorry. But I think this problem is common, because I think I’m missing a bufferstate or cullstate (I ndon’t know what they do, that’s why I don’t use them).

Thanks in advance, borba.