Urban Galaxy Online – Test event

Well reached lvl5 also,

great game, some things I suggest:

→ When a loot screen is open you cannot t space the enxt enemy, bad when it opens when inf ight with 3 smaller crafts

→ the close buttons of the gui feel a bit strange, for any windows user , i suggest to make them like flashing or so.

Yes great game, could play hours over hours … one detail I noticed: your sky box has some black seams at the top edges which destroys the visual impression when deliberately looking upwards (not that this happens too often ^^), plz fix if you can.

@cmur2 Indeed you cannot go over lvl5, this is just a “preview”. For the skybox issue, we are already investigating it.

@normen Using the ‘t’ keyboard shortcut, will select the closest opponent, so ‘t’ & SPACE is the magic combination. Would you rather suggest that ‘t’ should select the ‘closest visible’ opponent (those within your camera frustum)?

@iamcreasy The roadmap: Do an officially announced public test next weekend, applying the feedback of the first round. Open the official UG forum to start building the community around the game. Continue doing weekend events to test the other game classes (Mercenary & Transporter). Get ready for beta.

@enum & @Empire Phoenix Thanks for the feedback and the suggestions. Already on the TODO list.

1 Like

Great job!

It’s like a 5th Element MMOG! One of my all time favorite movies.

1 Like
@kinix said:
Would you rather suggest that 't' should select the 'closest visible' opponent (those within your camera frustum)?

Thanks for the hint, that should help a bit. Yes, that is what I mean, thats how it worked in WoW as well :) One gets used to the "invisible" selection frustum pretty fast.

The Urban Galaxy Team would like to thank all of you guys, for your support! Your help was valuable!

We have gathered your feedback and we are already working on the next iteration. We’ll keep you posted on upcoming updates.

Cool! I missed the event, but i’d love to check it out next time.

Great to hear you’re still working on the game.

Cheers

Regarding this:

[java][16:59:08.709] GET http://play.urbangalaxyonline.com/org.lwjgl.util.applet.AppletLoader [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 112ms] [/java]

I got something similar in my applet, and it seems that the user needs to have newer java binaries. 6u32 worked fine for me.

The preview event is open again but it seems that it’s the same setting with ship and inventory saved from last time - I’m wondering if there should be a new scenario?

Anyways you guys managed it to fix the skybox-visible-black-edges issue (at least there are no black edges visible anymore ^^), great! Much smoother impression :slight_smile:

Edit: BUT now I’m encountering the problem that for every some kills the “Univeral Credits: xy” popup appears twice at the same time with same content (and I’m sure I only killed one enemy) :?

@cmur2 Yes the setting is the same. We have added more ships in the shops though and fixed many of the issues/wishes mentioned from the previous event. The reason of the previous event, was to get first impressions from the jMonkey community before making it open to a more wide audience.

For a new scenario, wait for the ‘Mercenary’ class test event, which is scheduled to take place in a couple of weeks from now.

I cant get past the complete profile ingame name thingy. I click sumbmit and it says avilable, but thats it. Am I too late? Or is this a bug.

? account email starts with empirephoenix and ends with @yahoo.de if you need to look it up

Great game! Though I have problems with destroying Dual Razor fighters. Any tip?

@Empire_Phoenix Thanks for spotting that out! It seems that there was a bug when you were trying to register a name with spaces inside, such as your nickname. Consider it fixed!

Buy a better ship than the starter one and use the biggest power engine and shield and 3-4 weapons (this was my way at least) :slight_smile:

Thanks!

The pink nano weapon (1-2 at least) and a larget shield and the start craft can barely do it.

Although I did try to play test the previous event I certainly do not remember ever having “… opted in to the Urban Galaxy Newsletter list” - Not cool :confused:

Hi jmaasing, we had a transition from our old newsletter backed to a new one, unified with our social sign in system. Since the last couple of weeks, whoever new user signs in, a “subscribe” option is displayed during the first sign in.

For the old users we had to transfer them to the new mailing list system. If you were given the option NOT to subscribe during your sign in, and you still received the email, then there might be a bug and will look at it. If not, we are sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for spotting it.

@kinix said:
Hi jmaasing, we had a transition from our old newsletter backed to a new one, unified with our social sign in system. Since the last couple of weeks, whoever new user signs in, a "subscribe" option is displayed during the first sign in.

For the old users we had to transfer them to the new mailing list system. If you were given the option NOT to subscribe during your sign in, and you still received the email, then there might be a bug and will look at it. If not, we are sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for spotting it.

No problem, It might also be me that do not remember signing up, user error is still the most common :) Just wanted to let you know in case you do have a bug. BTW the game looks great.