User Demos SVN Repository

When playing around with jME, I learned most from Demo applications like Furball and other OpenSource projects like AirCarrier and the like.

Thats why i think it would be cool if there was an ‘official’ place where we could check-in Demo applications like Monkey Mahjong (which is hard to find for new users right now).

Posting more complex code in the wiki is not an option, because the code gets outdated soon and its a hassle to copy paste it for new users.

Where would be the best place for such a thing?

Should we simply create a jme-Demo project on google-code?

How about having an upload directory that anyone can upload source to, and the devs slowly take a look at them and move good/approved ones over to an organized directory.  That way you can easily cull out the bad examples/mess, with a minimum of effort

a svn repo is a must i think.

its nice to be able to browse the source online and also be able to grab it from svn directly into your eclipse/netbeans workspace.

unfair said:

How about having an upload directory that anyone can upload source to, and the devs slowly take a look at them and move good/approved ones over to an organized directory.  That way you can easily cull out the bad examples/mess, with a minimum of effort

A great idea in theory, but in practice the dev's already have a million and one things to be doing.  Any user code needs to be driven (added, checked, updated etc) by users.
1 Like

Well we could have the SVN in a wild manner - each user posts all his code in a directory that has his name - and organizes it as he sees fit.

In addition to that we could have 'available examples' index in the wiki that every author updates with his own examples himself. The available examples could be listed by category / complexity + whatever - one example could be listed at multiple places for ease of finding.

I have one more suggestion .

why not have a mixture of the two, as in we have a place where the users can post their own examples  and kind of

submit to the community for review.

if we vote for it then it gets included in the official jme-examples. I think that it would then make this really clean…

on a side note… i use google code search to look for jme examples …just search for com.jme

works like a charm  :smiley:

Sure does, but it does not list everything… Did not list my project :slight_smile:

i created a google-code project: jme-demos

This would be the place where you can check in your demos/examples who are too complex to add to the wiki or com.jmetest.

Its empty right now but i’ll add physics fun this weekend, and it would be nice to have a bit more advanced GBUI / FengGUI examples also.

I think this would be a valuable source for people new to jme.

And because its all in one project, everyone can update / improve the other examples if they want to.

Anyone who wants to be added, just drop me a message or post here.

Core-Dump, since you have my spacegame demo maybe you can put it up there? Especially if you are not doing anything with it.

mmhh  if someone would extend it a bit, it would make a good demo i think, but in the current state its not very complete.

On the other hand it is a nice demo to show off the atmosphere shader.

i'll probably grab the shader part and add it to stardust, and add that to jme-demos if thats ok.

i added you as a member, so you can check it in if you still want :slight_smile: