Using a plugin independently of the SDK

Thanks for the link, Erlend.

And, no, I’m not going to switch to the SDK, Normen. I simply spend too little time on the workflows where it’s strong that it could ever pay off, so your advice is going to be unwanted (and it’s a losing tactics because it won’t do anything but frustrate you and annoy me ;-P).
I’m pretty sure that the SDK is immensely useful for projects that spend serious time on these workflows, so this is just my specific situation! I’ll even gladly use the SDK as soon as I do, say, serious 3D modelling. Or terrain generation. Or find a use for any of the other plugins that the SDK offers. (It would be helpful if there were a page describing the available plugins and outlining for what kind of workflow they are useful. Unless I overlooked that page as well :wink: .)

@toolforger said: and it's a losing tactics because it won't do anything but frustrate you and annoy me ;-P
Like I said I don't mind what people use unless they make it our task to get that working, but I warned you about being more annoyed *not* using it soon ;)

@t0neg0d: python? The current update center for 7.2 doesn’t contain that plugin for me :frowning: I am using my NetBeans 6.7.1 install for that still… But yes, there generally is Python support for NetBeans…

@yang71 said: 4) Yes, that's what I mean... But Ctrl-click on the name works also... For example, an example from my current (well.... 3 seconds ago ;-)) work : m.getControl(RigidBodyControl.class).applyCentralForce(v);

If I “go to source” of :

• m => go to Spatial class : ok
  • getControl => go to line 1 of Spatial class
  • RigidBodyControl => go to class RigidBodyControl : ok
  • applyCentralForce => go to line 1 of PhysicsRigidBody
  • v => go to class Vector3f : ok
Maybe This occurs because you are using a different JME than the jme source netbeans refers to. I already had this issue with the netbeans API source.
@normen said: @t0neg0d: python? The current update center for 7.2 doesn't contain that plugin for me :( I am using my NetBeans 6.7.1 install for that still.. But yes, there generally is Python support for NetBeans..

My bad… I was referring to NetBeans specifically. That answer was sorta out of context. Sooo … What @normen said!

@nehon said: Maybe This occurs because you are using a different JME than the jme source netbeans refers to. I already had this issue with the netbeans API source.

Could you point me to where I should look into this ? I have “nightly built JMP”, with a few plugins. Other than that, I’ve not customized much because I don’t know enough Netbeans to do so properly yet.

do you have JME as a project pulled form the SVN?

No. Only Nightly built… I use the source attached to the jars… When they are not, I go on google code and browse locally.
I think I’m too afraid of committing something wrong by error… I still cannot extract a proper JME project of mine from SVN and have it recognized as such… (I use command-line svn for that… much easier !!!)

@yang71 said: No. Only Nightly built... I use the source attached to the jars... When they are not, I go on google code and browse locally. I think I'm too afraid of committing something wrong by error... I still cannot extract a proper JME project of mine from SVN and have it recognized as such... (I use command-line svn for that... much easier !!!)
mhhh ok the source attached to the jar should be ok, but what do you mean by "when they are not"? if some classes are missing it's that the wrong source are bundled....

Also you can’t commit on the repo unless you are granted to, so you can pull the repo and not fear to break anything. But anyway you shouldn’t need to do this to have valid sources.

Ok, right. It seems obvious.

For the attached source, I often encountered classes, even full packages, with no source attached. Sometimes they are on the googleCode, sometimes not. (Physics especially).