Using and configuration of JME jars(jme.dev.java.net)

Hi,am sorry if i seem less experience,ya i havnt dun much programming in java,even though solving some issues is mybest part in programming,i am using NetBeans 6.0.1 and after downloading both the latest

lwjgl and jme and then adding them in the IDE libraries that is all the jars of lwjgl and jme still i get the same

error :

first it was it couldnt locate lwjgl in java.library.path+""

then i added it got the same thing then

after i start ot get this

init:

deps-jar:

compile-single:

run-single:

Apr 1, 2008 9:15:00 AM com.jme.app.BaseGame start

INFO: Application started.

Apr 1, 2008 9:15:00 AM com.jme.system.PropertiesIO <init>

INFO: PropertiesIO created

Apr 1, 2008 9:15:00 AM com.jme.system.PropertiesIO load

WARNING: Could not load properties. Creating a new one.

Apr 1, 2008 9:15:00 AM class Jmetutor start()

SEVERE: Exception in game loop

java.lang.LinkageError: Version mismatch: jar version is '12', native libary version is '11'

at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:105)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:111)

at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLPropertiesDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.jme.app.AbstractGame.getAttributes(Unknown Source)

at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(Unknown Source)

at Jmetutor.main(Jmetutor.java:32)

Apr 1, 2008 9:15:00 AM com.jme.app.BaseSimpleGame cleanup

INFO: Cleaning up resources.

Apr 1, 2008 9:15:01 AM com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem <init>

INFO: LWJGL Display System created.

Apr 1, 2008 9:15:01 AM com.jme.app.BaseGame start

INFO: Application ending.

BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 2 seconds)

i have really need some one to help,i need a point in the write direction,i tried the cvs sources,after contnues brake in cvs source finally got the jme source running,bt still having the same problem cuz when u run the dist-all on the xml files u still get the jar files u would hav downloaded from the dev.java.net project page.

I just want to be able to create a project like we do with lwjgl,just add in the libraires and had the natives to the  library path,so pls we truely appreciate ur help.

What version of LWJGL are you using? jME also comes with LWJGL jars but if you've downloaded a more recent version of the LWJGL, including native files, you should use the jar files that come with that download. As the error message says, the version numbers of the native files and the LWJGL jar files don't match so you're either using the wrong native files or the wrong LWJGL jar files.

Am using LWJGL_1.1.4 and JME-0rc1.0 from jme.dev.java.net

would appreciate it if you or someone could give me the step in setting up the jars of both jme jars and lwjgl jars so i can rilly start some game dev

Have you read the netBeans guide on the Wiki?

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_netbeans_5.0_to_build_jme_and_jme-physics_2

Am sorry it took me this long to reply bt being having connection problem bt to asnwer your question,yes i have read and studied the jme tutorial and it has no instruction on using the jme jars files which are already compiled  bt rather deals more on the source,with a little instruction on making your games distributable with the dist-all function and files

hello,thanks and appreciation to everyone who replied and gave suggestions when i needed help with this problem,well i have fully setup jme without any problems,so am here to give everyone a simple how to:

1.get the jme jars and jmephysics jars from jme.dev.java.net/jmephysics.dev.java.net

2.get the latest lwjgl jars from lwjgl.org

By all chance you can get the cvs source for jme for reference/test in codes and examples,etc but would advice if you want a headache free setup get this files above and follow this simple step by step guide to set it up in netbeans(and this applies also for eclipse but look into eclipse setup in the jme guide for location of you library and adding library and adding the jvm path in your projects run option):

Setup the jars into your library in netbeans:tools->libraries

if you wish you can setup each in seperate libraries for each jars(i.e the jme jars,jmephysics jars,lwjgl jars)

or do like me,create a library called “mygamelibs” and had all jars from jme,jmephyiscs and lwjgl into it.

When you create a project in netbeans just rightclick and click on properties,in the library dialoge that opens,go to the library part and under compile,had the seperate library’s for jme,jmephysics,lwjgl or add the gamelib library if you did it myway.

Move to the run option and type in the location for the lwjgl natives and also for the jmephysics native

in the jvm options(-Djava.library.path=)

NOTE: for easy location,make a folder in you main C:/ drive not in program files or any other place,in the main C:/ directory,and call it “javalibs”,in javalibs make 2 folders called the first jarfiles and put in it all the jme,lwjgl,jmephysics jars in there,call th other “natives”,in it make 2new folders and call one “lwjglnatives” and the other “jmephysicsnatvies or jmenatives”,copy the native files from lwjgl into lwjglnatives folder and jmephysics native files into jmephysicsnatives/jmenatives.This way you can access your jars and natives files easily without any complications

e.g

:examples for the jvm options

-Djava.library.path=C:/javalib/natives/lwjglnative/native/win32;C:/javalib/natives/jmenatives/odejava.dll -win32

-Djava.library.path=javalibnativeslwjglnativenativelinux:javalibnativesjmenativesodejava.so -linux

Once you done all this,click OK/Done.And test your setup with  the HelloWorld tutorial in the jme wiki

Goodluck,cuz you’ll need it and hav fun.

:smiley:

:slight_smile:

:smiley: XD 8) :wink:

XD :stuck_out_tongue: :-o

:smiley: :slight_smile: