Using jme as a renderer for animations

Hello everybody! This is my first post here!
I’m on my phone right now so hopefully the formatting isn’t horrible. Also hope I did everything in the post correctly.

I like making animations and I would like to use jme as a renderer for my animations. I’m pretty good at programming so I don’t think that would be a problem. I would actually like your opinion about how I should do this idea.

I would like to have a few methods.

An initialization method to start everything up.
A load scene method to load the scene
A render method to render it
A method to get the image
And lastly a method to close everything down.

I want to be able to call those methods from another program (just going to load the jar).
I have looked at the source code a bit of jme to see how it kind of works.
So I got a few ideas on how to implement it and I would like to know what you would think would be best.

Method 1:
I overwrite the start method and create my own context class making it that it only renders when I call a method. And just do the other things like I would do normally.

Method 2:
Take jme and change it so that I can call those methods.

Method 3:
Skip the application class and just have those few methods I said earlier and just add the code to it that would normally be run and skip the part of jme that controls all of the rendering and updates.

What do you think would be a good idea?

Do you have any tips for me that might be useful to know for this project?

You’re thinking backwards. NEVER try to make a library work the way you want it to. Use it the way its meant to be used and implement your own code to get the behavior/methods you want.

So you want to make animation not a game, Yes?

Yeah. I want to use a game engine because it gives me the results that I want and it renders really fast compared to for example mental ray. I tried to make it from scratch but some parts were a bit too complex for me (probably made some stupid mistakes) so I want to use a existing render engine. And I’m kinda in love with what jme allows me to make

Yeah that’s true

so I have done a closer look and I saw that I don’t have to change anything. I can just create an extended class of the JmeContext and add some of my own logic and in the AppSettings I can just specify the context, and with that context I can say that I want to only render a frame when I want to render a frame instead of rendering 60 times a second for example. This way I just use the normal way jme works

welp, thanks for the people that replied.